Looking back at greatest C4d tutorials / Instructors of the Century?

Icecaveman

Hrvoje,

Chris Schmidt,

Noseman (Athanasios Pozantzis) 

Contrafibularities (or Wolf 4D on YouTube) --- I love his C4D modeling tutorials...and the growing list of Blender tutorials as well.

and while not strictly C4D but rather Insydium - Bob Walmsley.  

Sorry...but I simply do not have enough faith to be an atheist.

On 11/14/2021 at 11:57 AM, Hrvoje said:

Thanassis is great  guy, he is super fun to hang out with 🙂

IMHO --- Thanassis is the Ben Kingsley of the C4D tutorial world!  Great delivery - concise, meaningful and with lots of heart!

Dave

Actually,  I wonder if they are in fact both the same person?

1877581650_SeparatedatBirth.JPG.2e00322de3faa0b9879fc17ed623004c.JPG

Sorry...but I simply do not have enough faith to be an atheist.

On 11/15/2021 at 12:04 AM, Cerbera said:

Actually, I missed someone - let's not forget @imashination... and all his 3D fluff tuts over the years. His lucid clarity, great explanatory skill and subtly humorous presentations always raise a smile with me and I enjoy his vids a lot.  

CBR

I can't believe I missed him too. 3DFluff is an amazing teacher. He always makes me feel like I'm learning the juicy hidden secrets of Cinema 4D.

On 11/15/2021 at 11:58 AM, Icecaveman said:

My faves...I've decided not to rank them in order. Love them all.

-Rob Redman

-Noseman

-Toby Pitman - Divine modeling tutorials

-John Dickinson

-Sean Dove

-Aleksey Voznesenski - character work, rigging

-EJ Hassenfratz- Mostly @Lynda.com

-Simon Holmedal

-Joren Kandel

-Seften

-Casey Hupke

-Chris @Rocket Lasso

-Dave @ CG Shortcuts

-Our own beloved Matthew

-Robert Leger - favorite all-time xPresso teacher. He was the first who really got many of us started w/xPresso. You may have more luck finding his work on Vimeo.

-Simon Fiedler

-Raphael "Silverwing" Rau - a master of rendering, lighting and ultra-realism

-The hysterical guy who ran "Rate My Funeral"

-Manuel Casasola Merkle - takes you on a science ride helping you understand the underpinnings of 3d

-Hrvoje

-Digital Meat

-Yader

Michael Balchaitis - great story about him. His first tutorials were crazy bad, insanely bad, but he reached out to our community and listened to our feedback and kept getting better and better. He learned to provide high quality tutorials that are popular on YT.

And I know I'm forgetting some crazy good instructors. I apologize for my bad memory. At this point about half of these gurus have moved onto other 3d programs or other fields of endeavor. What a ride we hade for ten, fifteen years!

Finally let's give it up for Andrew Kramer at VCP. Though he was an After Effects guy he inspired so many artists in the motion design field and became an icon that attracted many to become tutors. 

The sober reality? Most great teachers don't make much money. If you got the itch...Be careful chasing the idea of creating tutorials if you think it's a path to profits! 

Robert Leger: this guy was so good. What has he been up to after all these years? 

18 hours ago, Adrien said:

Robert Leger: this guy was so good. What has he been up to after all these years? 

He was doing a lot of xPresso tutorials then opened up a little store for people to sell their rigs online. Then things suddenly stopped. As I recall  health issues were the reason for the abrupt ending.