R25 Chamfer operator doesn't display edge selection

ZhivkoT
Go to solution Solved by MODODO,

20 hours ago, Hrvoje said:

Maybe I am missing something, but if you want to chamfer edges you simply change the mode to edges? Edges are defined as pairs such as 0-1, 0-2 etc. Also, it is often way easier to convert a point selection. Here is an example file

cham.c4d 209.3 kB · 2 downloads

I did the pure nodes version but you can use exact same nodes in object manager with same settings

Ah, I wasn't aware of the pairs notation. Good to know. Learned something new 🙂

• 1 month later...
On 11/22/2021 at 11:47 AM, Hrvoje said:

You can't know which pairs to input, unless you check for point indices. Easiest way to do this is as shown in attached scene. Pairs are just indices the form a single edge. It is much easier to transfer (convert) point or polygon selection. I would advise you generate geometry in nodes themselves, there you can also access "newly created" node. maybe you could say what you are exactly after, maybe there are other methods 🙂

cham_0001.c4d 200.68 kB · 3 downloads

Hi @HrvojeJust wanted to ask you one additional question about the setup. Is it possible to use the same setup as a "Geometry Modifier Group" I tried using the same nodes but I'm not sure how to output the numbers, so they are visible in the viewport.

Oh, sorry for the misunderstanding. Yes, everything works, I see them in the viewport. As you said, I was wondering if they can be displayed on a openGL level, similar to the way the clone index number is displayed in the cloner object.

Clone_index.png

@HrvojeI downloaded your file - is there any advantage doing it the way you constructed the matrices back to the text node? I'm purely novice with a lot of this and do not understand what "sqmat" / "SquareMatrix64" means 😅. I get the basic idea of what you're doing with the compose container and transform point node. I guess I just clearly dont know enough about scene nodes in general to think of constructing it this way.

Thanks!

text_out_2.c4d

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.