Make node based object visible in object manager

ZhivkoT

Of course. you just select the appropriate template from asset browser. You have a choice between geometry modifier, selection modifier, Mesh primitive group, Spline Primitive group. I added a simple scene with all 4 in object manager. You can now double click on any of them and do whatever you want with nodes inside 🙂

After you create what you want you can save it as asset and simply drag and drop into object manager as you wish

capsule.c4d

Hi @HrvojeThank you very much! This is awesome! 🙂 Sorry, just one more question. Previously you provided an example for displaying the numbers of points/polygons directly on to the mesh. I'm not sure how to display them when using "Mesh Primitive group" Which output should I use? Thank you again for your help!

Polygon_numbers_display.c4d

Since displaying involves text spline I don't think you can't do that in capsules because you can't mix context. You need input mesh and splines, where capsules are more strict in their definition. Good thing is that you can do everything you are after with nodes and not use object manager (you can use scene manager) and suffer from possible performance penalties.

Yes, he can use object group but he can't do it in mesh group only (I believe that is the idea). Here is object group example

Polygon_numbers_display_0001.c4d

I would strongly suggest to use Nodes exclusively, That way you don't have to bother with context, predefined templates, and most importantly it will be much faster and able to display much more data. Many text splines will choke object manager and viewport rather soon.

• 4 months later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.