How to get rid of these blobs in rendered file, please help

Go to solution Solved by Cerbera,

Are you using Global Illumination ? If so, you are probably using a mode of it that is not suitable for animation, like irradiance cache for example. You need QMC for flicker free GI renders, which takes a lot longer to compute.

Could also be a video compression issue - what format are you exporting in ?

You should always upload the scene file with questions like this - without it we are just firing guesses into the dark...

CBR

18 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

Are you using Global Illumination ? If so, you are probably using a mode of it that is not suitable for animation, like irradiance cache for example. You need QMC for flicker free GI renders, which takes a lot longer to compute.

Could also be a video compression issue - what format are you exporting in ?

You should always upload the scene file with questions like this - without it we are just firing guesses into the dark...

CBR

I'm sorry if I was not clear in my question, but I did mentioned that I rendered it using GI (Global Illumination) along with AO (Ambient occlusion) using physical render built into cinema4d.

And I rendered in PNG sequence and then made composition using AFX so it is surely not a compression issue... may be you are right about irradiance cache because that is my primary method and for secondary method I am using light mapping...

Screen Shot 2021-11-26 at 9.50.53 PM.png

9 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

Ok cool, so we can rule out compression then. My bet would remain the GI methods. QMC in both boxes will take the longest to render, but is generally best for anything involving camera animation.

CBR

Thank you very much and if it will take even more time to render such few seconds loop. I must find some other way as it already took 4 hours for 4 seconds Animation loop... can't afford more time... any suggestion what other method can be appropriate. I'm thinking removing GI & AO along with physical render and go with scene lights and software render... wonder if I can get good results with that setup...

• Solution

No software render simply cannot get you that sort of look. But you can do it perfectly well without GI, if you just rethink your lighting setup slightly. Instead of relying on HDRI for lighting, just setup a series of area lights with area shadows, and you can get the much the same sort of look. I doubt AO is an issue unless your scene scale is wildly off, so that can stay, but the GI has to go if you want decent render times in a hurry.

CBR

21 hours ago, Cerbera said:

No software render simply cannot get you that sort of look. But you can do it perfectly well without GI, if you just rethink your lighting setup slightly. Instead of relying on HDRI for lighting, just setup a series of area lights with area shadows, and you can get the much the same sort of look. I doubt AO is an issue unless your scene scale is wildly off, so that can stay, but the GI has to go if you want decent render times in a hurry.

CBR

Thanks Cerbera, I'm happy with the results even without GI & AO even thou it took almost same time rendering but it is smooth and there are no blobs or noise...

your support is much appreciated , thanks 👍

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community