Strange 'shadows' appearing at certain camera angles

Go to solution Solved by Lonchaney,

Hey guys,

I can't for the life of me figure this out. It must be a texture thing, but I can't be sure. I have a 3D book with a texture that I've applied that looks fine in 99% of angles and positions, but at certain ones, these weird strips of what looks like shadow appear on the front cover texture of the book. And they move as the camera moves, literally as if they were being cast by an object. But it can't be because there's no objects other than the book. I have a sky and a couple of lights. I'm rendering with Arnold.

I can be at one camera angle and see none of these 'shadows' and then if I zoom in they'll start to appear.

Would really appreciate any help or leads on this. And if you need my project in order to help, please let me know they best way to export/upload it. For now I'll just add some screenshots.

Screen Shot 2021-11-30 at 5.30.40 pm.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-30 at 5.34.19 pm.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-30 at 5.23.34 pm.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-30 at 5.24.13 pm.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-30 at 5.29.34 pm.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-30 at 5.27.19 pm.png

13 hours ago, Lonchaney said:

There appears to be an issue with the "bump2d" node in the Front Cover and Spine materials. Try changing the inputs to "Bump height" and see how that looks.

Thanks Lonchaney, I'll give that a look and report back either way.

Ok so I can confirm that it looks as though playing around the with the bump as Lonchaney said has fixed this issue. I'm not really sure what though because I changed some of bump nodes to 'bump height' but got some weird result and then I changed it back and the issue was gone... so... not sure about this one as far as conclusively learning what caused it. Could be a glitch.

Anyway, thanks for the help/support. I'll be back in case I've spoken to soon 🙂