Dissolving objects and contents spilling

I've got some little beads filled with granules going down a tube, and I'd like to show the white shell dissolving and the purple beads spilling out. What's the best way to get this to happen, you think?

IF I do it with a gravity sim, how would I dissolve the shell?

Thanks

image.png.b27011cc25a31450c8a352b7cdb07ee5.png

14 hours ago, Lonchaney said:

Have you tried using an animated vertex map?

Yes, that what I used for the cloth simulation but I wasnt greatly happy with the results. I had to fade out the pill as I couldnt work out how to scale the 'bits' down to nothing - you dont appear to be able to bake a cloth tear simulation.

image.png.2dd4bdfe099dbf45d40c305a817a283c.png

That's pretty much what I ended up using, although I'd like to see your setup with an inverse attractor which I'd never heard of. I baked all this out to an alembic. I still feel it looks a bit 'home CG circa 2003', but having said that my head has probably never moved on from that era so I guess it's about right.

No no, I just meant attractor with negative strength so it pushes stuff away...

Did you also try explosion FX, which allows you clump things, which after smoothing and some SDS takes you forward to at least 2005 !? 😉

CBR

image.png.b5f1145f305458d5b612236a6e38fed9.png

Made something I like, hooray..... except it appears to be completely unbakeable. It does bake in the timeline, but then is just as slow in the viewport. An alembic doesnt touch it either and I need about 7 of these in a scene so I'll have to go back to Plan A.