Seeking S22 perpetual licence

Madeincanada
Go to solution Solved by Jops,

Just be aware: If a user has converted their licence to subscription, the original perpetual licence is no longer valid.

There may of course be people with a valid (un-converted) perpetual licence who might be willing to sell. I'm assuming Maxon are still willing to transfer perpetual licences, but you'd be well advised to check.

• Guest changed the title to Seeking S22 perpetual licence
1 hour ago, Pinin said:

I think there was a user here complaining about the cost of said transfer. The OP should check that before getting a surprise.

I believe this was the related topic.

On 12/19/2021 at 3:01 AM, Mike A said:

Just be aware: If a user has converted their licence to subscription, the original perpetual licence is no longer valid.

There may of course be people with a valid (un-converted) perpetual licence who might be willing to sell. I'm assuming Maxon are still willing to transfer perpetual licences, but you'd be well advised to check.

I went to sub a year ago and Maxon said my current perpetual R19 is still valid if I ever cancel the sub.

1 hour ago, zeden said:

I went to sub a year ago and Maxon said my current perpetual R19 is still valid if I ever cancel the sub.

my information is, that if take the offer to "convert" the license then you loose your perpetual. If you just start a new subscription you keep it.

I think it was valid only for users with last "before-subscription" version R21.  You could went to subscribtion with conversion from last version before go to subscription. All versions before R21 (R20 and older) had serials instead of online licencies. If user own R20, can not "continue" with subscription since R20 was last version without online activation, you could start  new subscription (as totaly new user without any version of c4d)

So, if R21 perpetual licence owner went for subscription (there was time limited offer with some benefits), get new S22, but his R21 permanent licence become unusable and was converted to S22 subcription model... 

Not sure how it´s currently. If R23 permanent licence holder had offer to switch to  R24 subs (but lost his R23 perman. licence) or was not posible this kind of offer in the past. (since currently Last version is R25)

17 hours ago, bezo said:

I think it was valid only for users with last "before-subscription" version R21.  You could went to subscribtion with conversion from last version before go to subscription. All versions before R21 (R20 and older) had serials instead of online licencies. If user own R20, can not "continue" with subscription since R20 was last version without online activation, you could start  new subscription (as totaly new user without any version of c4d)

So, if R21 perpetual licence owner went for subscription (there was time limited offer with some benefits), get new S22, but his R21 permanent licence become unusable and was converted to S22 subcription model... 

Not sure how it´s currently. If R23 permanent licence holder had offer to switch to  R24 subs (but lost his R23 perman. licence) or was not posible this kind of offer in the past. (since currently Last version is R25)

We had a special offer for MSA customers early on in the subscription transition where they could trade it.  It was never required it was only an offer for a big discount.   We are not running this offer any more.  Now you buy perpetual or you buy subscription or both.

Cheers

Dave

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community