Mackevision reveals VFX Breakdown of Lost in Space Season 3

HappyPolygon

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great series (IMHO).  I started watching it with some trepidation as the original series from the 1960's was just unwatchable for me, even as a kid.    This is one update where every choice on what to change worked.   Great story....good action and the plot holds together across all the season.  There are plot holes in some places, but you are having so much fun watching it you don't care.

Visually, the Netflix series is just a joy to watch.  I had no idea until I saw those VFX reels exactly which parts were fake or not.  I correctly guessed on a few but was off by a wide margin on just how much was fake.  The weakest "EFX" in Season 1 was the robot suit.  The arm extensions just stood out like a sore thumb and the suit was incredibly rigid.  Not sure if they fixed those issues in Seasons 2 and 3 by using a foam latex body suit with fiberglass armor pieces over it or if it was that way in Season 1 as well, but the suit just looks better to me in later seasons.

Between Lost in Space, Arcane, and a few other movies/series, Netflix streaming is only replaced on my TV by the NFL.

Dave

Sorry...but I simply do not have enough faith to be an atheist.

23 hours ago, Igor said:

A bit off- topic. Which team you are on in NFL? 😎

As a resident of New England....the Patriots!  Mac Jones is coming along nicely (rookie of the year?) and Matt Judon finally gives something we have always wanted: a strong defense. We are favored behind the Chiefs for taking the AFC title and Buc's (where Brady is now) is favored for taking the NFC title.  So just imagine that Super Bowl match-up!!!! Brains will literally explode!

Dave

Sorry...but I simply do not have enough faith to be an atheist.

6 hours ago, 3D-Pangel said:

As a resident of New England....the Patriots!  Mac Jones is coming along nicely (rookie of the year?) and Matt Judon finally gives something we have always wanted: a strong defense. We are favored behind the Chiefs for taking the AFC title and Buc's (where Brady is now) is favored for taking the NFC title.  So just imagine that Super Bowl match-up!!!! Brains will literally explode!

Dave

Oh, not the Pats Dave, not the Pats. 😄 Just kidding, I didn't like them because of Brady being so annoying, now that he is gone, I like Pats more. Belichick is obviously a big reason why Pats are so successful no matter what, even without Brady. Hall of Fame coach for sure. I was Colts fan while P.Manning played then I started to cheer for Ravens due to legendary Ray Lewis and Ed Reed. When I was playing handball I always had a t-shirt with their names and my coach would always scream to sack someone when was it appropriate. Oh do I miss those days...anyway, how Pats feel now that Brady is gone and already managed to win SB with different team. As it seems he might do it again, which is truly ridiculous that not many can defeat this guy. How the hell he is doing this at this age I have no idea. Especially when you know he was last pick in the last round...

I've got two teams, Cowboys in NFC and Chargers in AFC.

I'm surprised you know so much about football, Igor!

Patriots have a strong defense but a plodding offense, which in combination can lead to boring games. I dislike Pats but admire Belichick's press conferences (so funny)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veQQ95kbvUU

I'd love to see a Super Bowl where cowboys or chargers win 38-35. Justin Herbert and Micah Parsons are pure poetry to watch play.

7 minutes ago, Icecaveman said:

I'm surprised you know so much about football, Igor!

Not only I know so much, I played the sport in Croatia for 2y and overall watching Football for more than a decade, not to mention playing Madden for years too. We had our own small league and we actually won championship first year. I was playing QB and SS. I spent 3 months trying to learn how to throw the ball correctly by studying YT videos. And as I was a handball player already, I have really a strong arm and I was able to throw the ball pretty far and precise. :cowboypistol:

12 minutes ago, Icecaveman said:

He is one of a kind! 😄 

7 minutes ago, Icecaveman said:

OK...I remember now...this came up in a thread before. How far could you throw it?

Imagine if you could spin it like Justin?

In my prime days, I was able to throw that ball up to 60m...in perfect conditions. And that throw is insane especially due to the pressure, damn, impressive. 

43 minutes ago, Icecaveman said:

Cowboys

...probably the most unlucky team in NFL! I feel sorry for them. 😄  

1 hour ago, Igor said:

...probably the most unlucky team in NFL! I feel sorry for them.

Certainly in your lifetime the Cowboys have been mediocre. Dez did make that catch, though, LOL! 😁

I graduated from UCLA in and moved to Dallas. Troy Aikman graduated from UCLA one year later and was drafted by Cowboys. That started my Cowboys fandom. Cowboys gave me 3 Super Bowl titles, so I have no complaints, even now.

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community