PixCap - A new browser-based 3D animation tool

HappyPolygon

• Customer

Introducing PixCap, the first browser-based 3D Animation Editor powered with AI motion capture, auto foot locking, auto rigging, and cloud storage and viewing. Use the AI Motion Capture feature with any video source - both shots you’ve made or YouTube videos. Capture keyframes in a matter of seconds, retarget them to your rig, and fine-tune using the editor. Export or import projects using industry-standard formats. The best thing about it, it’s all in the cloud! No downloads or installation required! Open beta is coming soon and you can be a part of it if you subscribe on the website - https://www.pixcap.com/

PixCap runs in most modern web browsers: the developers recommend Chrome, Edge, Safari or Firefox. It requires a constant internet connection, although an offline mode is planned in future.

Hardware requirements are relatively minimal: a “fast CPU” is recommended, but PixCap can run on systems with integrated graphics, like netbooks, although the UI is not designed for mobile devices.

Use of the PixCap editor is free, with users able to export animation in glTF and FBX format, although exported videos and animations published to the web are watermarked on free accounts.

Instead, users pay for AI credits for use with the motion-capture system, with one credit paying for a single image capture or one second of video capture.

Free subscriptions provide 30 credits/month. Professional subscriptions provide 200 credits/month and cost $20/month or $180/year; Studio subscriptions provide 600 credits/month and cost $45/month or $400/year.

Yet another animation tool that will probably tank within a year or two. Why do these start-ups think they'll do better than the ones that tried before? I see nothing here to lure me away from the built-in animation tools in Blender, C4D, Houdini, etc.

The only redeeming feature seems to be AI based motion capture. But the notion of purchasing "AI credits" to be able to take advantage of this is enough to make me walk away. And what is the point anyway? As far as I can tell from their video the software is meant for very light-weight animation stuff. Expressions, hand/fingers, are not even supported - nor will they probably ever be, because the resolution of images and videos will be too low.

Nice try, but no cigar.

These are NOT animation tools developed with the serious animator in mind.  People who use full-fledged DCC tools are NOT their target market.    Rather, these tools are made for the Tik-Tok, Twitter crowd hoping to create a viral video by adding some 3D character animation to their dance challenges or funny dog videos with minimal to no effort.

Dave

Sorry...but I simply do not have enough faith to be an atheist.

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community