hello from vienna

nwmd

hello everyone,

i'm sorry i was too busy trying to figure out so many things this week that i totally forgot to write a little intro. my bad.

my name is christian and i'm a graphic designer focussed on typography and branding but as i'm interested in all kinds visual i've also explored almost every other aspect of it. i'm german but spent years working for ad agencies in vienna to ended up founding an indie sports brand with friends that focusses on cycling.

working on that project as the lead creative requires doing all sorts of stuff from concept to product design, testing the products, planning and executing campaigns, shooting/editing studio photos and somehow trying to work out the marketing part as well.

somewhere in between the bicycle comes into play to get a break and reset the mind.

i used cinema 20y ago but had a bit more time to get back into it due to covid. lot of things seem to be the same others are new. just scratching the surface of what it can do and trying not to get distracted but with so many interesting things to explore – it happens all the time.

beside vector graphics and type design i'm as much into dithered GIFs and analog photography – as i'm interested in photorealistic renders (which i'm absolutely bad at. maybe one day when i finally explore third party render engines..).

attached are a few examples for your viewing pleasure.

best,

christian

Bildschirmfoto-2022-01-09-um-11_52.20-2.png.fb282ab42f8c04bef3e3a514b54fd652.png

Christian,

Welcome to Core4D!  Your work looks interesting, but the images are rather small so is there a website that you could post that shows this work?

Also, relative to photo realistic rendering, that is a worthy (albeit huge) goal.  I strongly recommend the work of Pwnisher (Clinton Jones) on YouTube as some of his work is amazing (just look at this video break down to get an idea) and he posts some very good C4D tutorials that go deep into all the creative decisions and techniques behind his work.

Welcome and happy rendering!

Dave

Sorry...but I simply do not have enough faith to be an atheist.