Hello from Düsseldorf! :-)

renderbaron

Hey Core community!

Glad to be on board here.

My name is Marc, I am a Designer from Düsseldorf. For more than 20 years now I run my studio renderbaron, focused on visualization and Visual Effects. I am using Cinema 4D since 1997. My passion is Shading, Lighting & Rendering. Since a few years I qualify as a Maxon Cinema 4D Master Trainer. Looking forward to this community 🙂

Cheers from Düsseldorf, Germany

Marc

Very happy to welcome someone of your experience/knowledge to Core4D.  

Also very excited about your YouTube page (I just subscribed).  I am always on the hunt for good hardware tutorials and good rendering tutorials -- Redshift especially but even Physical Renderer as well.

Question:  I noticed your review of the RTX 3090 Surpim X.  The cost of that GPU in the US is around $3500 (today's prices --- past sales did have it lower).  What attracted you to that card over the RTX-A6000: A bit more money (around $700 more if you purchase it with a workstation from Lenovo), but twice the memory.

Thanks,

Dave

Sorry...but I simply do not have enough faith to be an atheist.

Thanks folks for the warm welcome!

I received a 3090 Suprim X from MSI for testing. But beisdes that I´d still prefer it over the A6000 because of Redshifts excellent memory management: until now I never hit a wall with 24GB. Even my older 1080s can do their job while Team Rendering with Redshift though they only have 8GB. So the RTX 3090 does make more sense than the A6000, esp. considering the usual price tag for Quadro cards which is usually 2-3 times higher.

Cheers

Marc

26 minutes ago, renderbaron said:

Thanks folks for the warm welcome!

I received a 3090 Suprim X from MSI for testing. But beisdes that I´d still prefer it over the A6000 because of Redshifts excellent memory management: until now I never hit a wall with 24GB. Even my older 1080s can do their job while Team Rendering with Redshift though they only have 8GB. So the RTX 3090 does make more sense than the A6000, esp. considering the usual price tag for Quadro cards which is usually 2-3 times higher.

Cheers

Marc

Thank you very much for those insights.   They are changing how I am thinking towards my next GPU.

Dave

Sorry...but I simply do not have enough faith to be an atheist.

13 hours ago, 3D-Pangel said:

Thank you very much for those insights.   They are changing how I am thinking towards my next GPU.

Dave

This info might not be relevant for you if shopping for solo card, but could be for some here...

I was going to buy two 3090. I now am likely leaning towards two A5000 instead. (not the A6000)

The A5000 is about 8% slower than 3900, so why do that? The A5000 is blower style, where two cards can easily sit besides one another, occupying only 4 slots. By comparison It's almost impossible to get that w/a 3900...they occupy two slots and need the third slot vacant to not obstruct air flow. Fitting even two 3900s on any MOBO is challenging.

The A5000 also uses less electricity (and thus less heat).

GeForce cards are fine, probably preferred for single GPU situations, and even many multi-card folks often go 3900 w/water cooling. But I heard someone argue for the A5000 blower cards and his reasons make sense for me. (I avoid water-cooling and want to keep things simpler)

Still mulling on it. /End Rabbit trail

Thank you guys! 🙂

Icecaveman - you got a point there. Stacking several cards is more reliable with Qaudros due to their excellent heat management.

But expiecially the MSI Suprim X version of the 3090 has really good cooling capacities as well - and a high manufacturing quality. Its a heavy, well made card. Of course it needs some space above and below as it has two massive coolers on top.

Keppn - where are you located in Düsseldorf? 🙂

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community