Texture links unlink again

Hello everyone,

I hope someone has a hint for me to solve this issue.

I have a huge file with a lot of  different plant objects. I have a folder with all the textures.

When I want to relink all the assets in the Project Asset Inspector at first it seems to work the cross turns into a check mark.

But when I do a Test render I get the message the textures are missing. When I look into the materials I still still the old file path is in the texture link.

I've added one plant from the scene below:

https://www.dropbox.com/t/iJYuVzEwIIzmsguI

Does anyone have an answer?

Thanks

Björn

Bildschirmfoto 2022-01-16 um 10.12.01.png

Should be dropbox issue or abs./rel. paths. Just test your file and simple relink of all images works fine without errors.

Try for test put texture images into some folder on local disk (if not yet currently) and relink images in project assets inspector. 

plant_render.png.7b591421a78aff9b9f6d2f1f7a40d9c4.png

3 hours ago, bezo said:

Should be dropbox issue or abs./rel. paths. Just test your file and simple relink of all images works fine without errors.

Try for test put texture images into some folder on local disk (if not yet currently) and relink images in project assets inspector. 

Hi Bezo, thanks for checking. I tried it but I Still have the same issue. I work on a mac, maybe that is the difference?

Bildschirmfoto 2022-01-16 um 16.41.12.jpg

Paths to image files isn´t correct. From texture manager you could see few are in one lacation, another one in totaly different location. If in Project asset manager re-align paths to images locations, textures must work. Or try to load images manually in material editor for each channel and you´ll see if image files exists in location path...

Another option (if not used "central texture database" using relative paths with command Save Project With Assets. This way next your project will be created folder with texture images in "tex" folder and evertime will be file opened, image files will be linked to "tex" folder. Disadvantage of this method is in duplicity image/texture files with every scene/project...

Since R21 the Project Assets Inspector got some bad issues with directory substitutes (f.e. virtual drives). Besides that, the Project Assets Inspector sometimes just hides missing textures. Great tool, back when it still was named Texture Manager. Painfully slow, but it worked - most of the times. Nowadays it's just a pita.

Remember that the local tex folder is relative to where the C4D file is saved. If you relink textures before the scene has been saved somewhere, the relink may not stick because it has no location path of its own to inform any pathing, local or otherwise.

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community