XPresso & CSV File

Claire Selim

Hi there, hope you're very well and thank you for reading this post!  I just wondered if anyone might be able to offer some thoughts on something I'm trying to do please?  Thank you very much in advance for your time!

I'm looking to create a detailed bar chart.  The X axis would be for date values and the Y axis for figures in dollars. I'm creating a CSV file with this data (value at a certain point in time) and it will have about 500 entries.  I was hoping to create a scene where the CSV file is imported, and it powers the position and height of the bars, as well as feeding MoText above each bar with the text values (I know that's a lot of data on screen!  It's really for texture rather than readability).

Would anyone know if there is an elegant way to do this?  I just thought I'd ask some wise people before I disappeared too far down the rabbit hole and found it couldn't be done (either at all, or at least by me!) 

Thanks again for your time!

Cheers, 

Claire

Hi Claire,

I will point you to Niklas Rosenstein's NR Toolbox, which contains both a CSV Effector for MoGraph, as well as a CSV Xpresso node - both can be used to read in values from a CSV file and read out values that can be used to drive other parameters:

https://github.com/nrosenstein-c4d/c4d-nr-toolbox

You could probably run use the Xpresso node and an Iterator to populate MoText with strings from the CSV.

hopefully that gets you going in the right direction, pdeb

Hi PDEB & SREK, 

That's really fantastic - thank you both so much for taking the time to read and advise and help.  It's incredibly kind of you and I'm very grateful!

Really looking forward to exploring these techniques today - thank you both many, many times over!

Claire

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community