Morph Tag transition (points), doesn't work.

So I'm trying to morph between two objects, they are quite different and don´t know if what I´m trying is the best solution.  Even so, nothing seems to happen when trying to morph. Using the morph tag with points.

I don't know if its because the logo I want to morph into is in different meshes. 

I´m working on C4D r25. 

SH07-v3.c4d

No, that's not gonna work. Those meshes have nothing in common, which would make them un-morphable via that method.

Pose Morph, in this context, only works on meshes with identical point counts and orders. It is further doomed to failure by the terrible geometry and resulting ngons usually present in spline based lettering.

Morphing between utterly disparate models is very hard for any DCC to deal with - most don't have any native way of doing it, and this is true for Cinema as well to a large extent. That is not to say you can't find inventive ways around this if you are prepared to accept some restrictions / changes though.

For example you can use a cloner and inheritance to morph a load of particles / clones from one base formation to another, and then source and target meshes don't need to be the same at all. You can use Pose morph with a spline (but NOT use a different unrelated spline to morph to) and use that inside a generator like a loft for example - you can get quite convincing morphs that way, but even then you need to move the individual points in a way that they don't cross each other and intersect during the morph.

CBR

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community