Camera follow object with rigid body

Hello! I've been struggling w this for a while now. In some cases, when I target a camera to a dynamic object, it follows the object. But sometimes it doesn't. I have no idea why though.

With following I mean that the camera follows along the position as well, not just from one single pov. 

This ragdoll is falling and I need the camera to follow it, but the camera doesn't move. Any solutions? Thank you!

screenshot.JPG

This is not really my area of expertise at all ( if I have any in any area ) and Im not willing to say it cant be done as it could be something to do with priorities and technical stuff like that. Have you tried to reproduce the issue with a cut down simpler file. If you have complex objects moving around at the same time that probably won't help, so maybe try a simple cube or something in a fresh scene and see what happens there.

As a work around it may be possible to cache the dynamics then use a tracer to trace the path of the moment and use an align to spline to follow that instead, no doubt there could be a few timing issues there, and would only really be relevant if the path of travel was complex as you can obviously just draw a spline if it doesn't bounce or anything.

A bit of grasping from me really as I dont do much camera movements, generally all stills. Maybe another member will come along with a proper and no doubt simple answer.

Deck

Without seeing the scene at all...I am going to guess you might be confusing two different concepts. Again, I'm just guessing.

-"Look at" tag orients the camera to face the object. This only affects the rotation/orientation of the camera, but not the cam position

-A constraint or parenting approach, which can impact position and/or orientation

If you want the camera to "fall with" the the object...after caching the solution you could just parent the camera to the falling doll, and then offset it the camera's child position and orientation relative to the parent (doll in this case). Alternatively, if I recall my c4d correctly...assign the PSR constraint tag to the camera.

You can even get fancy and mix some of the falling motion/rotation into your camera's path/rotation. This could be done, for instance if you want to have the camera fall and bounce, but dampen some of the camera's motion.

I recommend adding a null into the equation to easily offset motion and orientation to taste.