Thread for reporting/resolving issues with C4D S26

• Customer

I was trying to arrange a new layout to include the new tools.

I was surprised to find that my Lights and Scene Objects folded palletes were missing ! (I imported my old layout from R25)

So I recreated the pallets and docked them to my main objects pallet.
As soon as I closed the Command Manager those two disappeared again !
I open the Command Manager, check the Edit Palletes and they instantly re-appear ! What's happening here ?

To make my foldable palletes I just undock the sub-menus from the Create Menu, click Fold Pallette and dock the icon to my object palette

Here's what I see before and after the Edit Palletes option.

image.thumb.png.659eaa174bf3bec2b0a5b591de458dba.png

image.thumb.png.abaf95f57c9390097293531ab5dfe6d1.png

3 minutes ago, HappyPolygon said:

I've never had RedShift before.
I've noticed that right-clicking and Show Help... doesn't link to the RedShift manual. Was that always the case ?

I think that is the plan, but isn't here quite yet, and hasn't been the case before...

CBR

19 minutes ago, HappyPolygon said:

I open the Command Manager, check the Edit Palletes and they instantly re-appear ! What's happening here ?

I just tried to recreate those circumstances, and the new tool bars I add don't disappear, either when I untick Edit Palettes OR close the Command Manager.

Which makes me wonder if this might be something to do with importing the layout from a previous installation. I have previously had some issues doing that in versions upwards of 23/24.

So I think I originally created a brand new custom layout for S26, which is the only thing I can think of that might explain the difference... oh, unless it is something to do with dynamic menus, which I have turned off in my custom layout.

CBR

• Customer
4 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

I just tried to recreate those circumstances, and the new tools bars I add don't disappear, either when I untick Edit Palettes OR close the Command Manager.

Which makes me wonder if this might be something to do with importing the layout from a previous installation. I think I originally created a brand new custom layout for S26, which is the only thing I can think of that might explain the difference...

It gets more weird.

While I keep my hidden Environment Object folded pallete the Menu does not show the Floor, Sky etc... And when I undock that menu those two objects are the only ones appearing.

Screenshot_12.jpg.aa02e5c45d4e761031542abf2cc604d8.jpg

If I delete my custom pallete the menu still doesn't show any except those two objects.
And only when I undock it, it shows the full list of objects,

Screenshot_13.jpg.440a60789116f18c66cd05decebf00b6.jpg

The really weird screen glitch I wrote about in another thread is still a thing. I wanted to show my son the new cloth and rope simulations, made a blanket and let it drop through the air onto a plane. He could barely see it as the screen was filled with glitchy flashing horizontal stripes that flickered and completely destroyed the image more often than not. I'm actually looking at them now.  But jumping out, then back into perspective view seems to remove it temporarily. Hopefully the presenters at the 3D Motion Show this week aren't using M1 Macs.

I'm enjoying everything else about C4D at the moment, but not this glitch.

2 hours ago, HappyPolygon said:

I was trying to arrange a new layout to include the new tools.

I was surprised to find that my Lights and Scene Objects folded palletes were missing ! (I imported my old layout from R25)

To make my foldable palletes I just undock the sub-menus from the Create Menu, click Fold Pallette and dock the icon to my object palette

Here's what I see before and after the Edit Palletes option.

image.thumb.png.659eaa174bf3bec2b0a5b591de458dba.png

image.thumb.png.abaf95f57c9390097293531ab5dfe6d1.png

Exact same thing happened to me. I have been wondering where it was but hadn't gotten around to trying to find out what happened to it yet. I'll try later to rebuild it and see if I get the same results as you.

5 hours ago, HappyPolygon said:

It gets more weird.

While I keep my hidden Environment Object folded pallete the Menu does not show the Floor, Sky etc... And when I undock that menu those two objects are the only ones appearing.

Screenshot_12.jpg.aa02e5c45d4e761031542abf2cc604d8.jpg

If I delete my custom pallete the menu still doesn't show any except those two objects.
And only when I undock it, it shows the full list of objects,

Screenshot_13.jpg.440a60789116f18c66cd05decebf00b6.jpg

The problem with vanishing world-creating elements such as backgrounds, enviroments, lights, etc. is related to the new way to handle renderers. When Redshift is selected as renderer, items that are not supported by Reshift are hidden. when you switch to the standard or physical renderer, they should appear.

So it's not a bug, it's a function. 🙂

• Customer
16 hours ago, HappyPolygon said:

🤣 I'll try folding the pallete to a non-vanishing icon. That should fix it..

The trick worked.
Undocking object menus will show all icons for both Redshift and Standard renderers.
I made two foldable palettes for each object category keeping only the objects of the respective renderer. 
Now it will show the appropriate pallete according to the chosen renderer.

• Guest featured this topic