Thread for reporting/resolving issues with C4D S26

S26 now simply doesn't work.

Everytime I start it, it's locked in a "Speedup Asset Search" process. I have to force quit from the Task Manager.

I'll see if re-installing solve this issue...

@EricNS BEFORE reinstalling, report the issue to Maxon. It's never good to bury issues and loose the ability to reproduce them. Having a way to reproduce helps developers immensely. If you need to continue working, install fresh into another folder.

6 minutes ago, MighT said:

@EricNS BEFORE reinstalling, report the issue to Maxon. It's never good to bury issues and loose the ability to reproduce them. Having a way to reproduce helps developers immensely. If you need to continue working, install fresh into another folder.

I know the drill 🙂

I'll have to contact MAXON anyway since re-installing and re-starting the PC, doesn't solve the issue.

It's the first time in 22 years that Cinema 4D is totally blocked. I had all sort of issues with public releases, alpha and betas, but never a permanent freeze. It's quite scary...

Guest Igor

Did anyone had an issue with creating material which then becomes invisible in the Material Manger until you add an object inside Object Manager? This seems to only happen within a new fresh opened Cinema.

11 hours ago, EricNS said:

Follow up:

Uninstalling and re-installing wasn't enough to fix the issue. I had to remove first all traces of S26 from the PC then re-install, as suggested by Sandro from MAXON.

I had the same problem, but it worked with an uninstall of R26 and deleting the folder "Maxon Cinema 4D R26" after the uninstall. No need to uninstall the Maxon app.