Da Vinci 18 Released and finally with proper store

Guest Igor

It is still in Beta and apparently with some issues as expected. I also use it but, good and very powerful( compositing- Fusion -, color correction, sound) but the editing experience is overall inferior to Vegas.

Edit: interesting that we have been talking about Lighwave etc, older applications and one of compositing veterans Digital Fusion ends up inside Resolve. That must have been a great piece of engineering by Blackmagic integrating Fusion in Resolve.

Edit2: one of the things i also like is that even in free version when i encode to mp4 it is super fast and get my Nvidia+CPU to 100%.

Blackmagic is like apple, they earn their money with their hardware. But in opposit to apple they wouldn't have to make their own software at all. I have no Idea if they make any money with resolve, but it is a hell of a offer.

When adobe whent sub only I change to Resolve/fusion and found, that for the work I do It is just superiour, because you comp and then cut the compositting with a normal editor without the need of rendering. and in comparisson to adobe bridge it is just fantastic responsive. You should have a propper amount of ram though.

looking forward to the new version. 🙂

29 minutes ago, Jops said:

Blackmagic is like apple, they earn their money with their hardware. But in opposit to apple they wouldn't have to make their own software at all. I have no Idea if they make any money with resolve, but it is a hell of a offer.

When adobe whent sub only I change to Resolve/fusion and found, that for the work I do It is just superiour, because you comp and then cut the compositting with a normal editor without the need of rendering. and in comparisson to adobe bridge it is just fantastic responsive. You should have a propper amount of ram though.

looking forward to the new version. 🙂

Just like Apple, who kept up with FCPX but did almost nothing with Motion throughout the years, BMD has done the same with Resolve and Fusion respectively.    Unfortunately, Fusion gave up years ago trying to compete with Nuke.  Looking forward to playing around with Autograph when that becomes available.

I could see myself leaving Premiere for Da Vinci but I would need to find good substitutes for PS and other Adobe programs, because as long as I have an Adobe cloud subscription it doesn't make good financial sense to not just use Premiere, which I find acceptable for my needs 

Guest Igor
18 minutes ago, MJV said:

I could see myself leaving Premiere for Da Vinci but I would need to find good substitutes for PS and other Adobe programs, because as long as I have an Adobe cloud subscription it doesn't make good financial sense to not just use Premiere, which I find acceptable for my needs 

Affinity Photo, Design?

1 hour ago, johanal said:

Just like Apple, who kept up with FCPX but did almost nothing with Motion throughout the years, BMD has done the same with Resolve and Fusion respectively.    Unfortunately, Fusion gave up years ago trying to compete with Nuke.  Looking forward to playing around with Autograph when that becomes available.

Adobe is also not the great inovator in AE. Fusion can do everything I need for the next 10 years. If they work a bit on performance then I would be super happy but it is fine like it is. Adobe would charge me  8 grant for this time just to use the features it already has. 

6 hours ago, MJV said:

One of the things i like in DaVinci  is color correction and looks. Here is changing looks with a click of button:

17 hours ago, johanal said:

Looking forward to playing around with Autograph when that becomes available.

I was interested in Autograph 18 months ago. They seemed to promise something "real soon" back then.  I see they still haven't shipped anything but are still promising something "real soon". Web site hasn't changed one bit.

Their goals are bold. Hope they have deep funding and great software engineers. Their goals are awesome. We'll see if they can deliver.

On 5/6/2022 at 7:20 PM, Pinin said:

One of the things i like in DaVinci  is color correction and looks. Here is changing looks with a click of button:

Great feature which I used in the past.   I haven't touched resolve since I bought a sub for shotdeck but I imagine it would be useful too... https://shotdeck.com/

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community