Koch Snowflakes and writing beyond the bounds of a scene nodes array

darrellp

I had hoped, this is what my setup currently would do.

@MighTI'll stop nagging and start implementing myself.  I get that you're anxious to try some other stuff which is great!  I'm glad I got you started on something you're enjoying!  I'll just make one last point.  This is the inner loop as it currently stands:

image.png.b3138bf1f3d5d782cbab89dd16b13564.png

I think that with mine all this would be reduced essentially to a get element, matrix multiply and set element - at least in the innermost loop.  There would be a couple more levels of loop and the matrix scaling but that stuff happens above the innermost loop and should represent a miniscule proportion of the time. All the fractal specific groups in your LCV  would be replaced by the Matrices array which is produced entirely outside the loop.  None of the figuring out which points are drawn between and where their indices are in the array, none of the arithmetic done either here or inside the groups - just that one matrix multiply.

I guess I'll go ahead and implement it. I really can't imagine that it wouldn't make things faster.  The main question is whether it would make them noticeably faster and like most performance stuff, not really sure until it gets implemented.  I'm sorry if I sound lazy and trying to put stuff off on you.  Not my intention.  Watch now - I'll start implementation and realize some incredibly horrible fatal flaw in my logic and come back with my tail between my legs explaining how bad an idea I had! 🙂 

Oh - and finally, I'm not criticizing your code at all.  Such great stuff!  I'm excited to try my idea out but it'll take a while.  I'm kinda half doing this on the back burner and not as dedicated as I probably should be.  Have fun with whatever floats your boat at the moment!  It's all fun and I love seeing what you're coming up with!  You are hereby released from my nagging about this.

@srekThanks for the feedback! So great to have people who know what they're talking about giving advice to us newbies. I think the keeping of the separate c4d file method I mentioned is working out okay for the time being.  I'm sure you guys are more aware by a long shot of how best to move this thing forward than I do so I'll just be happy with the way things work right now.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.