Team Render issues with Redshift

Go to solution Solved by Keith Treason,

I've been trying to look up why I'm getting this checkerboard render while using Team Render with Redshift but I don't think I'm using the correct terminology because nothing seems to be coming up.  With things like physics and mograph, I know you're supposed to bake everything beforehand to avoid flickering but this is just a still of a motionless object using a couple of lights and emissive/incandescent materials. 

I'm still very new to Redshift so I apologize if this is a dumb question but as the buckets are rendering, things seem way brighter and blown out.  Only when everything's finished does the render instantly darken and change to look like it does in the IPR view.  To me it almost looks like a some of the buckets didn't do this final step.

Our render farm is made up of 3 Mac pros and 4 Mac minis all running the same version of Redshift.

Screen Shot 2022-05-18 at 9.04.55 AM.jpg

Guest Igor

Unfortunately, I cannot help you here. Only thing I know about TR is that, its a mess and more often doesn't work then other way around. 

• Solution

I posted the question in the Maxon support page and got a response.  I'm reposting the answer to this question here for anyone else that runs into this issue.

The issue you're running is with Redshift's Global Illumination. To Team Render properly with GI, it must be cached or the computer doing the render will calculate it on its own, which leads to different results depending on the machine's hardware configuration and OS.

• To do that, go to the Advanced tab in your Redshift render settings and under Global Illumination,
  • change the Primary Method to Irradiance Cache.
  • In the Irradiance Caching section, change the Mode to Rebuild (Prepass Only) and run the render on the main machine only (do not use your Team Render nodes for this). This will render ONLY the GI prepass.
  • When that's done, go back and switch the Mode to Load and then do the Team Render; this should force Redshift to load the cached GI prepass for each Team Render node as well, and thus use only the GI calculation from your host machine to render the GI.

Who knew.  I never had GI issues with standard or physical render on stills using the render farm 🤷‍♂️

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community