Bake Material Tag - Displacement Problem

JSWolt

I'm trying to bake some high res geometry into a displacement map to lighten up my scenes.

As a test, I have taken a sphere, duplicated it, sub divided it several times, sculpted on it and then used the 'Bake Material' tag to generate a displacement. 

I always seem to get these faceted artefacts despite trying multiple settings and formats. If I do the same process but by using the sculpting tags/view, there isn't a problem. additionally, If I try the same but use planes instead, there isn't an issue. 

The end goal is to take an object from marvellous designer that is very high poly and use the same technique to have a low poly mesh. 

If anyone has any suggestions I would really appreciate it. I also know there are a lot of render settings that can cause this however the issue is also noticeable in the map itself. The sculpted tag/view version does not create this so I know it must be in the Bake material tag.

Thanks

01.png

02.png

Welcome to the core.

We'll be needing to know specifically which version you are working in (pls complete profile) and ideally, to also have the .c4d file you are working from so we can see all your relevant settings and models without having to recreate them first !

CBR

Hey, 

So I can't seem to upload anything as the limit is 2.98mb. The scene is super simple though and is created with just a sphere. I'm using the latest release of C4D (R26)

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community