Are you well underway in using Node-based modeling?

rasputin

25 minutes ago, MODODO said:

All modifiers have been integrated in effector Op

Anyone can add to that list by creating an own asset based on the Effector Group. The Effector Op auto adds all assets that are based on the Effector Group to the list of available modifiers. This is a general mechanism used in several places, among them Distributions as well as Spline and Polygon primitives.

15 hours ago, Cerbera said:

I think it is unfair to compare this tech preview with Blender's system, and even moreso with Houdini's

When was Darwinian competition "fair"?  Why at this point is this still in "tech preview" status?

Let's keep it real: Maxon is getting lapped in the geo nodes arena. Maybe they'll deliver, maybe they'll take a big jump but get lapped again anyways as the competition isn't sitting still.

And just maybe Srek is correct in that Maxon's approach contains strategic advantages that will bear out and c4d will push ahead of rivals; but at this point, promises are cheap. Real cheap.

1 hour ago, MODODO said:

Neutron is much more powerful than Blender's geometric nodes, but most of C4d's traditional users are artists and do not adapt to this new way

You may be right.

Proof is in the pudding, they say. If no one cares to eat more than a bite of something served on Christmas day...the facts might say something about the dish, or cook.

And if people are feasting, taking extras, begging recipes, stealing something to take home for leftovers......the facts might also say something about the dish, or cook.

If I do a YouTube search for "Blender Geo Nodes" and limit the results to the last seven days...heck, the last 24 hours...

...I find numerous examples 10x more exciting and useful than anything I've seen from Maxon's nodes.

That's reality. With all respect, Mododo....your examples won't win any converts. As I am (truly) here to serve, not make money, not win popularity contests, I am telling you the truth for your own best interests. You are clearly bright intellectually, but not seeing the full picture.

What you are doing with your posts isn't working. You must re-evaluate.

18 minutes ago, MODODO said:

I don't know whether the neutron method was referred to when the development direction of blender geometry  nodes changed last year

The layout is similar and so is the result, but there is a key difference in how the actual function is evaluated and applied. In Scene Nodes it is a generic approach where basically any field and function can replace the one used, the Geometry Node setup is much more restricted in what it does.
I do see some cross over, but most of what makes up Scene Nodes has been defined quite some time before Geometry Nodes saw the light of day. A lot of what you now see in Scene Nodes was already introduced in R20 with Material Nodes four years ago, just applied in a different context now.
There are many factors regarding user acceptance and i think a fundamental difference is the makeup of the user base. Currently by far most Cinema 4D users are pro users that make money by using Cinema 4D as a tool. They simply don't have the time to spend on a feature that is not yet final. Many will dabble with it but few will spend any huge amount of time. The Blender community is quite different, there are many people that do have time to spend on developing setups that are not making them any money. I am looking forward to how this develops and i am sure Scene Nodes will show their merrit and power.

3 hours ago, Icecaveman said:

When was Darwinian competition "fair"?  Why at this point is this still in "tech preview" status?

Let's keep it real: Maxon is getting lapped in the geo nodes arena. Maybe they'll deliver, maybe they'll take a big jump but get lapped again anyways as the competition isn't sitting still.

And just maybe Srek is correct in that Maxon's approach contains strategic advantages that will bear out and c4d will push ahead of rivals; but at this point, promises are cheap. Real cheap.

Well, I imagine it's still in tech preview because they are trying to get it right with the resources they have at hand !? And they have, let's not forget, made parts of it usable / helpful now. It is a way off perfect. And so it is still a tech preview, which they don't shout about, yet.

3 or 4 years ago the Cinema community's biggest criticism of Maxon (other than UVs maybe!) was that they didn't share with customers what was coming in the future. People constantly whinged about that, and eventually Maxon listened, and shared their tech preview of Scene nodes. Was everyone thankful, or grateful at all that they had listened to the userbase ?

Not really. Instead, a lot of them just piled in on the tech preview, complaining it wasn't a finished system, comparing it with everyone else's 'more' finished systems etc etc...  so really they can't win either way can they - no matter what they do, people want more, and sooner, expect it to somehow exceed what everyone else is doing, right from the get-go, and they criticise whatever they get, right out of the gate, and forever afterwards apparently !

If they show people early, it's 'not good enough', if they don't, they are 'ignoring what customers want'.  We're seeing more of the same with unified dynamics - lots of people asking for it, and so Maxon respond, and start working on it, manage to unify cloth and rope in their first go at it, to massively improve on the old cloth system and include it in the first release they reasonably can. How does the world respond ? 'It isn't as good as Marvellous Designer !' a program that ONLY does cloth sim and has had 10 years + to get it right (and which, incidentally is also plagued with its own problems, bugs and I/O issues, which no1 seems to mention while they are comparing the 2!).

To be honest I wonder quite where, as a dev, I'd find the impetus to get up every morning and keep working on something that might be good one day in the face of all this relentless judgement and expectation ! So I'm afraid I rather admire the people in that position who continue to do so !! It's a shame our vaulting ambition as a species is such a double-edged sword.

CBR

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community