Font not working properly with Motext

Go to solution Solved by Cerbera,

Hello all! 

illustrator.png.61786c9d48604957baace0d9681c06e6.png

cinema4d.thumb.png.f8ca7f4bc74694833b3fdde1a19cdf02.png

Font Name - Retrow mentho

so I tried using this font for an animation but when using the font in Motext ending outline is clipped.

moreover it dynamically changes based on the letter given in illustrator how do I use the outline in motext?

1263731421_Untitled-1____81_78___RGB_GPU_Preview___2022-05-29_20-56-01_AdobeCreativeCloudExpress(1).gif.d7dd44dbb7331c7677f362b307881978.gif

Thank you!

The 'E' that registers in illustrator as you demonstrated, is not doing so the same in Cinema for some reason, but I don't know what that reason is ! If I look at all the characters for that font in CharMap, I can't see the character that illustrator used there ! Can you ?

image.png.345cc5ff114684fa091c99fd83626c16.png

Can you convert the font to a spline in Illustrator and export that instead ?

CBR

2 hours ago, Cerbera said:

Can you convert the font to a spline in Illustrator and export that instead ?

CBR

Yes I tried that method, which worked fine using extrude to create depth, but did not know how to make it work with effectors like step and random for the animation part! would be glad to know that instead, I applied the effectors in the letters tab and would like to know how to achieve it.

• Solution

Look up Fracture in the help. That allows you take extrude objects (for example) and have them react as if they were a MoGraph Object to effectors and such like.

If you need letter by letter control, then you'll be needing to explode the overall spline into its individual letters, which should each get their own extrude object under the fracture.

CBR

20 hours ago, Cerbera said:

Yes it is - I had to manually look it up, download and install it ! At least it's free ! 🙂

CBR

22 hours ago, bezo said:

It´s external font? I don´t have it in my c4d...

yea my apologies for not mentioning it earlier!

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community