Hello from Patrick (US)

Hi all! Just joined the community, and I'm looking forward to engaging.

I've been in the 3D industry for a little more than a decade, and this past year joined Poliigon (3D models, textures, etc) as a Product Manager. I got started with 3D animation and rendering ages and ages ago with Blender, and since have held different roles ranging from animator for music videos, or as a developer creating inhouse tools for studio artists, or creating and contributing to addons and plugins that help artists in general. I'm a novice when it coms to Cinema 4D but have had a little experience (and will be learning more!), along with some exposure to maya and more substantial experience with Blender.

I definitely hold a strong interest on the technical artist side, and hope to play a part in bringing new addons and tools to life for Cinema 4D. As such, I'll be keen to follow the topics and authors that surface here.

Welcome to the Core 🙂

Good to have you here - may your learnings be excellent, and your 3D's rewarding !

Don't forget to complete your profile so we know which software and version(s) you are working with.

CBR

Hey buddy, welcome aboard. If you are seeking for technicalities, why not trying best in that world, Houdini? I am just wondering, that's all. 🙂 

Hope you have fun around here!  :cowboypistol:

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! And yes, I have a few colleagues and friends who have been getting into Houdini, and it's increasingly sounding like something I want to explore. You know how it goes, you get hired based on what you've done before, so you keep going deeper in those areas 🙂 

23 hours ago, Cerbera said:

Don't forget to complete your profile so we know which software and version(s) you are working with.

Just updated, thanks for the callout!

12 minutes ago, Patrick Crawford said:

And yes, I have a few colleagues and friends who have been getting into Houdini, and it's increasingly sounding like something I want to explore.

Well, you came to a right place then. We try to  preach about Houdini as an extension of C4D not as substitution. So if you ever get interested enough, join us in Houdini section. :cowboypistol: