Fulltime, remote Cinema4D plugin developer at Poliigon

Hi all! I realize I'm new to the forum here, but I did want to share this open opportunity as I meanwhile start reading and lurking (this thread in particular has already opened up my understanding greatly, and clearly I need to roll up my sleeves and learn more about Houdini).

Indeed, I am the Product Manager of Software at Poliigon, which provides high quality, physically accurate assets for 3D artists. I am building out the Software Team to solve problems for 3D artists. Looking for someone who has plugin development experience with Cinema 4D primarily and secondarily Blender as a bonus (that's just for this open role, as an overall team we aim to support many different 3D software).

This is for a full time, remote, permanent basis position.

If you need me to clarify anything, just let me know! Happy to just hold a casual phone chat too if you apply below:
https://poliigon.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=44

Thanks, I hope to hear from you soon!

• Guest featured this topic

I'm not the guy for the job, but I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank you. I'm a huge fan of Poliigon and the material loading plug in is gold. You've saved me countless hours and dollars on my work. Thanks and good luck in the job hunt. 

evanalexander.com     Abusing chromatic aberration heavily since 2011....

Polligon has plugins to help load textures?  Really?  And in Redshift?  Really? Really?

I am familiar with the quality of those textures (really good stuff) and shamelessly have helped myself to the free textures in the past.  But I never knew you had these tools.   Plus they are for free!  The tutorials are also very good.  I did sign up for email notifications some years ago but never heard anything about the plugins (that I remember).  Not sure how I missed this - but hopefully  I am a unique case.

Also, is this the same Poliigon that Andrew Price (Blender Guru) is associated with as CEO?  If so, I found the following quote interesting:

On 6/15/2022 at 5:48 PM, Patrick Crawford said:

Looking for someone who has plugin development experience with Cinema 4D primarily and secondarily Blender as a bonus (that's just for this open role, as an overall team we aim to support many different 3D software).

Nevertheless, thank you for letting me know about the C4D  to Redshift texture plugin.    Hopefully some future development ideas in consideration for this new role:

• Rather than load Poliigon textures directly from your file directory, have  the plugin build a separate preview  section off-line and load from that or make use of the new Asset Browser Preview capability.  Anything that helps with previews prior to loading helps your workflow.
  • Ability to preview/purchase/load directly from the Poliigon site for those  people who have signed up for monthly/annual plans.
  • Any plans to expand the texture loader capabilities to importing Poliigon models into C4D and Reshift?  Very attractive set of rocks, stumps, etc. at the site.

Great news and thanks for letting us (at least me) know.

Dave

Sorry...but I simply do not have enough faith to be an atheist.

Hey @3D-Pangel  - no shame in using only the free textures, in fact I'd recommend that everyone make use of them! Why not?

Indeed, Poliigon was founded by Andrew Price, who got started with Blenderguru. The team I am building up will cover most major 3D software, but it's not feasible that every developer to be an expert across all software, so we are being strategic about the software overlaps per individual.

As for your bullet points..... well, on all counts, let me just say you're going to love what we're working on (and why I'm seeking this developer)! The current addons haven't been advertised much which is sadly why you probably didn't see it, but that will change as we move into this generation of new addons. The new blender addon is further along (hence that "secondarily" line), but I want to kick the Cinema 4D development into high gear.

I also appreciate your point about utilizing the new C4D asset browser preview. That's going to be a focus of mine, making sure that every plugin we make feels native to each individual software, and not like it's just a copy-paste over between different 3D software.

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community