Weird Poly Extrude Behavior

bentraje
Go to solution Solved by Guest Igor,

Well, I don't find any reasonable explanation for this, it's a bug in my opinion. If you change Extrusion Mode to Point Normal, then things are just fine, except direction I guess. But whats even better is to simply use it's Transform Extruded Front features. If you enable that you will be able to make extrusion depending on your Transform Gizmo. I often use that, because I can also use Scale and rotate with it.

• Solution

But maybe better use Subdivide SOP and with good results you get a clean topology too. Edge Divide is not the most reliable SOP you will find. As you can see, its producing the issues.  

image.png

image.png

8 minutes ago, Igor said:

Well, I don't find any reasonable explanation for this, it's a bug in my opinion. If you change Extrusion Mode to Point Normal, then things are just fine, except direction I guess. But whats even better is to simply use it's Transform Extruded Front features. If you enable that you will be able to make extrusion depending on your Transform Gizmo. I often use that, because I can also use Scale and rotate with it.

Ah gotcha. Ended up using Transform Extruded Front. Works as expected. Thanks!

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community