Regarding The Move Tool

muhchris
Go to solution Solved by Cerbera,

The Maxon Cinema 4D Help, in reference to using the Shift key with the Move Tool, states:

"If pressed after you have started moving the object, the movement will be quantized, i.e., in steps of 10."

Even looking in the Attribute Manager while the Move Tool is active, I can not find a way to adjust that quantization to steps lower than 10.

Why do I need steps lower than 10? I use the Shift key, with the Move tool, when moving my UV Islands, and, as seen in the attached image, idealistically, what I wish I could do is to Snap Edges in the UV Editor, so that, in that image, I could  bring that island back down to where it belongs again. But, we are limited to only Point, Grid, and Pixel, so I am forced to eyeball it using the Shift key with the Move Tool, and need to get it as perfect as possible.

Snag_52adcc5.thumb.png.d35ed0672db4197cb487538bbc47dd42.png

The Quantize settings are under Attributes / Mode / Modelling / Quantize, or from the cogwheel in the centre toolbar.

However, the Quantize for texture does have smallest value limit of 0.01.

CBR

CERBERA, once again, exceptional guidance. Following your lead to the UV Transform Controls, and with further research on those controls, I now see that in being able to place/snap the Island's Pivot Point practically anywhere on the Island, you then can Snap the Pivot Point to any other Island, via the selected Snap location.

As always, nothing but exception information, and assistance found here at Core4D.

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community