Poll: Who here on Core4D is using Cinema 4D?

kbar

Who here on Core4D is using Cinema 4D?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use Cinema 4D?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/30/2022 at 09:17 AM

• kbar changed the title to Poll: Who here on Core4D is using Cinema 4D?
  • Guest featured this topic
58 minutes ago, Igor said:

I think it’s still a vast majority of C4D users here and it’s probably gonna stay like this for a while. 

Agreed. There are a handful of primarily Blender posters. Same for Houdini. All the others use c4d as their daily driver. My impression anyways.

I didn't vote as I still use c4d...but just 10% of the time.

13 hours ago, Igor said:

I think it’s still a vast majority of C4D users here and it’s probably gonna stay like this for a while. 

I am trying to gauge the number of active users. Ie the ones that visit the forum. Since there were over 30,000 members at one point I remember. So far in one day we have 25 people. That would just be us regulars that always visit every day. After a month I am interested to know how many people this poll actually reaches. I may have to post here occasionally to bring it back to the front page.

1 hour ago, DasFrodo said:

Would be interesting if there was a "not anymore" option.

Wouldn't that just be semantics at this point?   I mean, you either use C4D at the time of the poll or you don't?     

On 6/29/2022 at 5:19 PM, kbar said:

I am curious to know how many people here actually use Cinema 4D to try to gauge the number of active C4D users on the forum.

Also, it appears KBAR was soliciting responses of current C4D users.

33 minutes ago, kbar said:

43 people so far. Are there really only 43 people each week that use C4D and visit this forum?

43 people this week. And we are kinda in the holiday period so people might be away...

But there has definitely been a huge drop-off. I used to get about 3 modelling questions a day to answer - now I barely get 3 a week and this week not even that !

CBR

8 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

43 people this week. And we are kinda in the holiday period so people might be away...

But there has definitely been a huge drop-off. I used to get about 3 modelling questions a day to answer - now I barely get 3 a week !

I have left the poll open for a month, so hopefully it will be visible to people when back from vacation. It does feel like there has been a drop off recently. 

The visibility of the forum being locked off to only those who have signed up will be a contributing factor. Since you can't even browse the forum now to see what it is about unless you sign up. So new users won't be here asking questions since they don't even know that this is a place where they can ask questions.

I have used Cinema since R5 and still rely on it for professional work and for keeping up with all my past projects. I have however always wanted to work in a node based environment and thus am learning Houdini after viewing with disappointment the direction and slow pace of development that Maxon has gone with Neutron. I'll probably never stop using Cinema but for node based work it seems silly to wait for or expect Cinema to reinvent the wheel that Houdini has been perfecting for years, so I hope to someday become as proficient in Houdini as I am in Cinema.

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community