Zbrush. Distortion when scaling from a rectangular mask selection.

JakS
Go to solution Solved by Guest Igor,

Hello

I am working with the latest version of Zbrush.

When I select a rectangualr area (when in an elevation) using the rectangular mask brush and then scale +- Y I get the geometry distorting as seen in the jpg. I have tried increasing the resolution and the distortion is just more detailed as a result. The tuition video that I am working from cleanly pinchs the rectangles thickness with no distortion. Is there something that I am missing?

Many thanks.

JakS

Distortion.JPG

Guest Igor

Can you upload a scene file? Its a strange problem and I am not sure what might cause this without checking out the scene myself.

Guest Igor

Ok I thik its definetly due to topology with which Transpose tool cannot cope with. So, eather you remesh that object, dynames or just create a cube with proper topology that looks like this:

image.png

Guest Igor
35 minutes ago, JakS said:

Many thanks Igor. I am pretty new to Zbrush. I have created a cube with Initialize. Is that how you created the block that you have shown?

Cheers.

Jake

No, but yes, you can do the same thing with Initialize in ZBrush. 🙂

• Solution
Guest Igor

Actually, its topology and masking issue. If you look closely you will see that polygons which are not following scaling, are affected by mask. So having better topology will help when masking things. Also I would suggest to change default material. MatCap Gray is usually better option.

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community