Render region not working

Bovellum
Go to solution Solved by bezo,

I am trying to render out a couple hundred frames of a single region but when I try to do this, the selection won't stay and it renders the entire frame.  I have tried setting the boundaries in the render settings and the same thing keeps happening.  What could I be doing wrong?  I removed everything from the file so it's only the project itself.  

RenderRegionFail.c4d

Edited by Bovellum (see edit history)

The settings of the render region are the offset from each side, not the absolute pixel position.  In your example the render region would be smaller than possible, so it probably defaults to full frame. 

If I understand your project you might want to try these settings:
left border: 960
top border: 600
right border: 0
bottom border: 0
This will render a rectangular part of 960x480 pixels in the right bottom corner

Thanks for that observation.  It seems the problem I am having is that I have never used the RS render region.  I have selected the region in the RS render view, how do I get C4D to render only that?  When I select the region I want, it's rendering the ENTIRE frame instead when I go to render my frames.  

2 minutes ago, bezo said:

If you paste size manually it works?

No, I tried that and it didn't work.  Why can't I just render the selection I made??  This makes absolutely no sense and between r24, r25 and r26, I've got whiplash trying to figure the changes out.  

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community