Re-adjusting viewport size for widescreen monitor?

Go to solution Solved by Mash,

I recently bought a 21:9 widescreen monitor. I am unable to resize my viewport of my custom workspace. If I choose other workspaces of C4D, the viewport adjusts accordingly. How can I resize the viewport? I don't get a horizontal double pointed arrow that usually comes whenever we move our cursor at the divisions of two panels while readjusting the layout of toolbars, viewports, etc. . I am using R26

Sharing a screen recording.

Edited by scifidesigner (see edit history)
  • scifidesigner changed the title to Re-adjusting viewport size for widescreen monitor?
  • Solution

Don't change the monitor aspect ratio, thats just an old hangover setting from back in the 4:3 CRT monitor / Amiga days when pixels on screen weren't always square. The answer to your question is that the layout system has some bugs in the defaults where large patches of blank space just appear for no real reason. The only solution is to close down those managers, rip off or save any toolbars you need, then reopen those windows and dock them back into the UI where needed. Mostly this shows up as blank space next to the object manager for some reason; Likely related to the new fold away managers like materials, timeline, content browser etc.

Oh. I see. Thanks. 🙂  I was feeling something like that as well but wasn't sure whether there was an installation issue at my end or what. I was switching between pre-loaded C4D layouts only. I hope this bug gets sorted out. 

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community