Moves by maxon questions

martijnP

Most tutorials for this plugin seem to be of a some what older version.
In the tutorials there is a blendshape tab where all the blendshapes percentages are readable. I'd like to use these to control a different rig. 
In my project the animation seems to be present, but all the values are zero all the time. Does anyone know what might cause that?

I'm using C4D r26.014
I can't figure out how to recude the project below 2 mb to upload it. I've borrowed an Iphone to test this plugin, so I can't make a new capture.

facecapture.jpg

I don't have an iphone or use that software, but I do know that MbM integration with Cinema has been regularly improved with every update to S26, and I notice that you are not even running Service Pack 1. I imagine the first thing Maxon or anyone else we ask about this will say is that you should update to the latest available version of S26 (.107 as of today). I don't know if that alone will sort the issue, but it can only improve your chances.

CBR

I got a response from maxon Support:

This is a known issue with Moves that requires an update to fix.  Unfortunately the only workaround for this issue right now is to use Cinema 4D R23 until our developers are able to fix it in a future update.  You can keep an eye on our Release Notes page, below, to see if a future update contains this fix:
https://support.maxon.net/hc/en-us/categories/4405723856402

I gave it a try in R23
Re-importing the capture in r23 seems to work, and opening that project again in R26 seems to resolve that issue. The blend shapes are animating and accessible.

So, In the latest version of C4D (2023), Moves seems to be working again. That's great to hear.

They also have an update on the app for IOS. I don't have an I phone myself to test it though.

The object capture from pictures option in the Moves app works only on a mac and OS 12 or higher. Not on Windows.

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community