I would like to rotate randomly cubes

FerLop

Ok, if you want to recreate what is in your file, then we are best off doing this with a cloner, and (optionally) one or more effectors.

However that is not what you asked, as it doesn't involve any randomness or any rotation !

First step - make 1 cube and place under cloner, change mode to Linear, tell it how many clones you want, and which direction they should go in. By default they will go up on Y. If you want them stepping up at 45 degrees like that then you would need to enter the same value in one of the other directions as well like below. OR you could use a single value to clone a straight line of them, and then use a Step effector, for example to offset them instead. Many many ways to get that result...

image.thumb.png.6b124407f6a405565fec5ec77ebdf06f.png

If you are wanting those rotated randomly (in place) now then you can select the cloner, and add a random effector, set to just modify rotation. The manual will elaborate on the intricacies of that...

CBR

could try something like this (expanding on Cerbera started)

Add a plain effector to the cloner just with rotation.  I set it to 1440 on H.   Add a random field to animate them rotating.   Use a quantize of 8 (1440/8 = 180 degrees).   This has them trying to snap to right angles.  You could also try 360 for rotation and quantize of 4.   Then use a delay  with either a smooth or spring, dialed down to about 20 or lower to help sell the spin/rotate effect.   Without the delay you won't see any movement because the quantize is snapping the animation 180 degrees.  The delay helps in this case to show it.

Screenshot 2022-09-13 091548.png

coordonnées et base de données_RE_delay_quantize.c4d

Edited by Jeff H1 (see edit history)

Hello! thanks for the explain! i try again to random rotate but in effector don't work, can you see it ? Thanks you ! have a nice day !

sorry, i must look well to reproduce, thanks

--- i don't find Quantize in Mograph -->  Effecteur

coordonnées et base de données_RE_delay_quantize_random_rotation.c4d

Edited by FerLop
error in the Fields attribute (see edit history)

I'm not as smart with this stuff as I should be but:

Cloner is affected by the Effectors (e.g. plain, delay, random, shader, etc).    The Effectors are affected by Fields (e.g. Linear, Box, Spherical, Random, etc)     You can then modify those Fields with Modifiers (e.g. Clamp, Delay, Quantize, Remap, etc).    

Again, still not entirely sure what you want, but note that the order that your effectors appear in the cloner's effector list is very important - you will get different results depending on which of those you calculate first, which might be partially why you are not getting the result you are expecting.

CBR

thank you so much for your help! i must see exactly wich parameter does, in fact for now i don't have an image to make, just i try to understand how C4D works, i have an ebook and videos lessons to understand. I see that there are Cinevercity . there is a lot of course...

I try to understand but I come up against this: I put a gradient in [Random Field] however there are some cubes that do not follow the gradient (they seem to have the default color of C4D). I would like to understand the functions of delay and quantize, I can not understand despite "move the sliders, nothing moves", I hope not to abuse, thanks again!!

coordonnées et base de données_RE_delay_quantize_color_1.c4d

It looks like in the Random Field, you had Random selected instead of Noise.    I don't know what Random actually does in this case.    Again I'm not the best at describing this stuff but here it goes.

Quantize:   Think of it as kind of step (or maybe a linear?) function but with the values.   For instance, if you tell something it can rotate from 0-360 degrees, then tell it to Quantize that 360 by 4 (on the Quantize slider), it will essentially divide the 360 by 4 which means the objects will only snap/rotate to  90 degree increments.   In your scene you have Quantize set to 10 steps which gives it incrementally more options to rotate linearly.   If you were to move that value down to 2, you'll see the cubes aren't having much fun.   I think I did that with the uploaded file below.  One or two will move from one rotational value to another, then back again eventually.   Try messing with the slider as the animation plays, but first turn off the Delay to see what its doing.    As you move the slider to give it more steps, you'll see more stuff happening.   For things like dice or flat plates, you may want to only have it at 2 or 4 steps.  It just depends on what you are trying to do.

Delay:   You could think of it as having the effect be a bit more lazy.  Instead of going from one value to the next in a linear way, it lets it happen gradually, like it's an ease in/ease out.   Try starting with Smooth for the Delay Layer Controls and dial it down to maybe 30%.    100% is too high and you won't see anything happen in the animation..   You can switch it to Spring which gives it like a secondary/follow through motion (I think).

It's probably best to look at the Cineversity training and I think some from Greyscale Gorilla too for more basics on the mograph module.   Things like quantize may not be things you use that often unless you need it for a particular job.

coordonnées et base de données_RE_delay_quantize_color_1.c4d

Screenshot 2022-09-15 155930.png

Edited by Jeff H1 (see edit history)

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community