A Feast of Fire and Fluid

Icecaveman

This was interesting. Haven't really jumped into any heavy sims yet (just using Dynamic Paint). But working on a plan... 

Test 1

105 seconds AMD 5950x

48 seconds Mac Studio 

Test 2

234 seconds AMD 5950x

230 seconds Mac Studio

Test 3

1107 seconds AMD 5950x

927 seconds Mac Studio

These numbers from my performance comparison (CPU only) of Blender Addon Flip Fluids simulation.

Will be running Mantra and FF CPU based simulations on the Mac Studio. Maybe some Houdini CPU sims as well. It's quiet, very energy efficient, and I can keep working on the PC. ( I'll certainly use GPU sims when possible)

M1 Macs have very weak GPUs, but have super per-watt CPU performance.

54 minutes ago, DMcGavran said:

Since we are talking about fire:

Very nice work by someone. Super work! If I was to guess...the actual simulation technology is Jawset related. TurbulenceFD or it's newer incarnation. I was just on Jascha's website earlier tonight. He's a gem of a human...though perhaps too generous.

Interesting, but not surprising that your tweet refuses to credit the real techs that made this possible, only crediting the host app (Maxon) and the renderer (Maxon). Every time you post...you erode my hope for humanity.

Just now, Icecaveman said:

Very nice work by someone. If I was to guess...the actual simulation technology is Jawset related. TurbulenceFD or it's newer incarnation.

Interesting, but not surprising that you refuse to credit the real techs that made this possible, only crediting the host app (Maxon) and the renderer (Maxon). Every time you post...you break my hope for humanity.

Assumptions are not great things to make...

3 minutes ago, DMcGavran said:

Assumptions are not great things to make...

I feel pretty good about this one.

And I'm also going to guess that you are now running down the hall to find someone who can inform you what simulation software was responsible for that super work. But that's just a guess.

3 minutes ago, Icecaveman said:

I feel pretty good about this one.

And I'm also going to guess that you are now running down the hall to find someone who can inform you what simulation software was responsible for that super work. But that's just a guess.

Trust me, I know exactly who made the tech and how it was made 🙂   I also didn't need to run down the hall to check.  I also know how to credit work done.  But feel free to keep guessing.

5 minutes ago, DMcGavran said:

Trust me, I know exactly who made the tech and how it was made

That makes it worse for you. You knew the software engineer, yet refused him central credit. You refused him any credit at all.

The dev is:

Jascha Wetzel, longtime developer at Jawset. TurbulenceFD for those with history here. And in my world...a hero. (Entrepreneurial, insanely bright with a good human heart)

admin edit: folks let's keep it civil..

Jesus dude lay off the personal attacks and rhetoric, Ice.  We get it you don’t like Maxon and its staff.  No need for this crap.   Besides I thought you were busy making stuff in blender instead attacking people who associate or use Maxon products.  I guess things don’t change.  Dont bother responding you crapped all over the post you created, icedude.   

4 minutes ago, Jeff H1 said:

Jesus dude lay off the personal attacks and rhetoric, Ice.  We get it you don’t like Maxon and its staff.  No need for this crap.   Besides I thought you were busy making stuff in blender instead attacking people who associate or use Maxon products.  I guess things don’t change.  Dont bother responding you crapped all over the post you created, icedude.   

I've suspected for some time you were a Maxon schill, wearing thin disguises. Now you are naked. We see what you are.

Right on time you came to protect your leader. What a coincidence.