Maxon will not allow me to extend my Redshift perpetual licence until 2024

HiFly

On 10/5/2022 at 1:16 PM, DMcGavran said:

All our partners can and do sell subscriptions.   As for how did we help hifly?   I am not sure of the expectations for help?  We have answered and clarified the policy.

Cheers

Dave

Interesting, that service partners also sell subscriptions. thanks for that information. And for the help - we obviously have different ideas of what help means.

Half the thread is full of passive aggressive whinging and potshots at the company.

Does that normally encourage companies to do something as a special one-off just to win over someone making narky posts at them?

Maybe it does, but from general observation I've noticed it actually usually doesn't.

17 hours ago, BoganTW said:

Half the thread is full of passive aggressive whinging and potshots at the company.

Does that normally encourage companies to do something as a special one-off just to win over someone making narky posts at them?

Maybe it does, but from general observation I've noticed it actually usually doesn't.

What about being a shill for a company bad practices? Does that make you feel better?  

EDIT - long rant edited because it was boring.

What was the bad practice? Not rolling out the red carpet for you?

Someone call the cops. The nicest, kindest person in this thread is having a bad week because Maxon won't throw him a discount. Since you're clearly the most deserving 3D user in the world I'm not sure how my faith in humanity will ever recover.

Edited by BoganTW (see edit history)
21 hours ago, BoganTW said:

EDIT - long rant edited because it was boring.

What was the bad practice? Not rolling out the red carpet for you?

Someone call the cops. The nicest, kindest person in this thread is having a bad week because Maxon won't throw him a discount. Since you're clearly the most deserving 3D user in the world I'm not sure how my faith in humanity will ever recover.

Dude, you're in such a hurry to defend Maxon that you didn't even realize that I'm not the OP...

5 hours ago, No One said:

Dude, you're in such a hurry to defend Maxon that you didn't even realize that I'm not the OP...

My bad, I didn't realise more than one person in this thread was going to throw the shill accusation around like a dickhead. But thanks for making it clearer. I pay my sub for the software, and somehow I'm a shill? This forum never changes.

14 hours ago, BoganTW said:

My bad, I didn't realise more than one person in this thread was going to throw the shill accusation around like a dickhead. 

"Dickhead". Yeah, stay classy BoganTW.

I REALLY hope Maxon is paying you well.

If you're really paying for your subscription with your own money, I hate to tell you that Maxon is exploiting your free labor. 

Edited by No One (see edit history)

Remind me again how Maxon is exploiting my free labour? Are they exploiting the free labour of every other subscriber, or just me?

Put things in all caps as much as you want. I barely even noticed you in this thread until you called me a shill. Feel free to re-read your plea for people to stay classy, then walk over to your bathroom and have a long, hard look in the mirror. 

And if you and other twits think that Maxon is paying me or a few others specifically to spend time rebutting things on this forum - WTF for? to steer conversations among the 30 or 40 people in the world who aren't locked out due to the paywall? - then you have a paranoia problem as well. I'm preparing for work, it's not Maxon or 3D related, and I see a notification that you responded to a post of mine. The same thing happened yesterday, the only difference then being the unexpected surprise that I get called a shill for chipping in an observation to this thread - an observation that remains accurate and which no-one has bothered to rebut or even go out of their way to address. Namely, why is Maxon expected to change policy as a one off for an online poster on a forum full of sad folk angry at Maxon, under a thread title designed to paint Maxon as the bad guy? Beats me. Should they change policy for everyone, a random few, or just him? More specifically, are there any signs the crowd here warrants special treatment, given the special treatment they've gone out of their way to throw at Maxon over the last (is it three or four now?) years? ICM still gets a few punches in every chance he can, Dave gets given his own sarcastic moniker, it drags on and on. Re the title of this thread, Maxon will not allow him to extend, etc etc. Do they need to? Do they have to? Is it better if they do or don't? Are there other things that people are not allowed to do, or just this one thing for him? And are there other things that other companies also don't let him do? Or is it just Maxon not letting him do this one thing, whereas every other company in the world lets him do everything? Beats me. You'd think there would be room for debate, but it seems not. I will continue to read other posts in this thread though for further info about what Maxon will and won't let him do, and hopefully you'll be here as well, as we learn more about this situation in the coming weeks and months.

I don't know you at all but if you're concerned about being called a dickhead in a forum thread, possibly don't jump at random strangers and call them a shill during a conversation. You can consider the insult dialled down or deleted to whatever degree you prefer if you change the language you chucked my way. I'll even delete the offending words from my posts if you delete the (evidence free, so I'd be puzzled why you'd stick with it) accusation from yours. Can't be fairer than that. But if you're keen to keep the accusation out there then my own fairly innocuous response can stay there too. So I guess that ball is firmly in your court.

"If you're really paying for your subscription with your own money" etc etc

I dunno if this is a foreign concept for you, a brain fart, trouble at grasping the obvious, or another example of your paranoia, but pretty much every bill people pay, including subscriptions to 3D software, is usually paid by people using their own money to pay for it. Who pays for your bills, your mum or your dad?

Edited by BoganTW (see edit history)

Quite a long post to explain why caling someone a shithead or brain fart is less bad then calling someone a shill.

Just for your information, as you might not be a maxon customer for so long.

Some years ago It was absolutely possible to get a solution to a small problem like this. you just called maxon and when they realized that they do not loose anything to give you 8 month access for the 12 month bill it wouldn't have been a problem. It was quite normal to negotiate (that is my personal experience). 

• Hrvoje locked this topic