Can this be done properly in Cinema 4D? Or better go to Houdini or MD?

B Stuff

image.jpeg.18d2628ee6bbb6e79f7c0f8965a3586a.jpeg

Hey guys!

I´m trying to do this animation of a regular text inflating until it fills the screen as these typical IG like cool posts. 

The thing is I´d like to divide each letter in stitched parts like a puffer jacket would be, so that makes it a bit more complex. Is it something too hard with CInema 4D? I mean to make the texts inflate and take care or the sewed parts instead of inflate everything in a uniform way.

I’ll be really interested in what´s the best way the community would approach something like this.

Thanks!

Cabo

Just to make sure, the animation will start on a simple size, like this picture, and will fill an invisible cube, I know there´s loads of examples but all of them inflate as a big ballon, rather than in puffy compartiments as a Puffer Jacket.

Thanks again!

STUDY CLOTH Exercise 2.jpg

Hey @HAPPYPOLIGON thanks for that, I had a look at that one, but I’m worried about how can I make each letter inflate till filling the cube/space while doing this stitching technique at the same time.

Doesn’t it look like it will make the text stay in the same place? Like the fix points previous technique? SO it wouldnt let me expand properly the text?

That’s my concern

• Customer

Just a quick thought...

Weight maps are responsible for the seams not the splines themselves. Could there be a way to paint the weight map on the letters (using a shader/texture maybe or by hand) and have them move freely without being concerned on how the spiles will follow along ?

Correction: The Connector tag does not use any Weightmaps.

Edited by HappyPolygon (see edit history)
  • 2 weeks later...