Maybe it's time to open the forum again and bring back the ads?

No One

I joined the Forum at the time it was C4DCafe, soo long time ago. Then I loose the focus for long time. Now I get a one year Silver Contributor to begome more active again. It is great to see the Forum is still here in a time where Discord it become a kind of new Forum Standard.

The reason way I came back to Core4D is that here are good Artists and Names that I know for so long and from the first days and that is great. It would be very sad if the Forum will not moving on. On the other hand the Internet, Chat, and Discussion Places are moving so fast. And a Forum like that is from the "old days" and you need to bring time to really use it and check out the Forumposts.  A lot of people don't have time anymore and everything has to be fast.

About free and buy Membership. Well I know that a forum in this size like Core4D needs a lot of serverspace and security settings also a lot of work behind to keep it running and that is not free. Servercost for a professional hosted service has its costs. I would say that it is not the Membercosts that holds people back to join or force leave. it is more that Forums become more and more an old ship.

I will be here again and will be more active as long as it runs. Stay connectet and create Art

1 hour ago, HappyPolygon said:

What do you mean ? What's "out there" that is better than Forums ? 

Well, maybe not better but Discord gets more popular also for CGI Community

8 hours ago, CDALive said:

Well, maybe not better but Discord gets more popular also for CGI Community

I still don't get it how DIscord can replace forums. I know this is happening but I see Discord as something very different. I use Discord to talk with my friends when we are playing something online. I think it's weird it's replacing forums.

• Customer
8 hours ago, No One said:

I still don't get it how DIscord can replace forums. I know this is happening but I see Discord as something very different. I use Discord to talk with my friends when we are playing something online. I think it's weird it's replacing forums.

Discord will never replace forums. Discord at best can be compared to a FB group discussion page. The only difference is that there are multiple discussion sub-threads under the same group. There is constant news feed in each thread. This is the nature of discussions there that there's really not need for searching far back in the dialogue to find something specific. It's like having Core4D's Sub-Forums like Cinema4D/Houdini/Blender act like single threads, if more than one people asked something our dialogues would be tangled and hard to keep track. Forums like Core4D and StackExchange that work in a Question-Answer model cannot be supported by Discord. Discord is an unconstructed Forum. It's basically chat rooms.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/29/2023 at 1:31 AM, Jeff H1 said:

I got an email today that says in May 15th you'll be removing limited member mode and deleting accounts that aren't subscribed?  Why the change, again?

They won't be deleted but their rights will be reduced. There is huge amount off limited members and we need to prune that in database to make the site faster. there is more than 50000 limited members

• 3 weeks later...

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community