Parting ways, and some files for the R25 users

Cairyn

I can't blame you. Good luck in your new endeavors and hopefully you find a new cozy home. On the other note, all devs should not be a subject to forced payment, that was always like that or that was my impression. If that's not the case anymore, then I made a mistake in the backend. 

Hey CAIRYN,

really sad that you go, but I find the firm step into an other area also bold. kudos for that.

I can understand you and I also started to detach from c4d quite a bit not just emotionally. 

It is really a bummer, that there is no more room for you in the new c4d universe.

But  you are not alone. As You I and many others are looking into new directions like blender or unreal. And that can bring completely new joys.

have a good ride,

Jops 

Cairyn,

Sorry to see you go as you were an asset to the community - and we need those today.  I've been away on business for longer than I care to admit and coming back to Core4D and trying to catch up on everything can be a bit daunting so I can understand the need to cut ties particularly if you are not keeping current with the program.

Relative to keeping current (eg. subscriptions vs. perpetual), I have had my own epiphany and it actually coincides with your logic to leave C4D altogether.  Your last perpetual license was R23 but as you said there is no point to learn new techniques only supported by later versions that you will not own.  That does beg the following question though:  will you still use R23 or are more interested in growing with the technology via Blender?

I ask because it does point out that "perpetual" licenses really are not perpetual if you don't use the software.  Their life ends when you decide to move to another program.  If there were never any advancements in 3D, then maybe the pull to staying current with software would not be so great and we would all be happy with a nicely aging perpetual license.  But that is not the world we live in.  There are always improvements and advancements, so the life of a perpetual license really is only until the next updated version comes out - at which point, that is the version you want to use.    I had perpetual licenses going back to R9.  Would I ever want to use R9 again?  Certainly not.  So it went into the garbage.   So much for that "perpetual" license.

Thus, my change of heart from being a hard nose "never rent - always own" proponent to "subscriptions are okay provided that there are meaningful advancements with each release".  And that is a very important caveat: "provided that there are meaningful advancements with each release".  I wasn't so convinced with R25 but since then I have been very impressed.  So C4D subscriptions work for me now.

But I speak for myself. 

I would love to hear about your transition to Blender. Maybe Igor could have the occasional "welcome home day" every now and then where long-time members who have left get a free day of posting and access to Core4D....just to keep in touch.  This would be just as important for current members to reconnect with past members.  Hey, even HBO Max gives a free week every now and then.

Just a thought.

Dave

Sorry...but I simply do not have enough faith to be an atheist.

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community