AI and Maxon?

Jeff H1

I'd love to see AI used by Maxon and others for things like optimizing render settings.   It can sometimes be tedious to go through render settings and find the optimal amount of samples for each light or surface in order to squeeze out the best quality  and minimize render times.   Having AI calculate the optimal settings for you based on the materials, lighting and environment would be nice.  I mean going above and beyond the autosampling or the basic mode of low/medium/high/very high.

I could also see it being used to auto-scale rendered images.   For instance, you need a 4K animation.   You hit a toggle in render settings which has AI determine and recommend the lowest possible resolution to render at so it can intelligently upscale the image after it renders it at the lower resolution.     This is all done by the renderer so no need for a 3rd party solution like Topaz.

Maybe other areas could benefit too like the tracker, sims, scene nodes and so on.

at least let it help fix problem areas.    working with the UV Editor is a complete shit show.    I seriously don't understand what UV Unwrap and Weld is trying to do some times or maybe it just doesn't understand how I want to cut edges here and weld edges there without it deciding arbitrarily it will weld things for me.   Just gave up on it again.

2 hours ago, MJV said:

I saw a lot people I follow on Instagram posting self portrait images made by Lensa ai. My heart just sank at the realization that art and photography and movie making as a career or profession as we have known it is probably over.

https://t.co/BA8jqbenWQ

An interesting thing about some of this AI is how it's being used by its creators.   For instance, are people's likenesses and information being harvested by these companies to help refine their AI model?  Are these companies then selling the data to other companies?    Without being fed data, AI wouldn't work as well.    A lot of people are unknowingly feeding the machine.  

• Customer
23 minutes ago, Jeff H1 said:

An interesting thing about some of this AI is how it's being used by its creators.   For instance, are people's likenesses and information being harvested by these companies to help refine their AI model?  Are these companies then selling the data to other companies?    Without being fed data, AI wouldn't work as well.    A lot of people are unknowingly feeding the machine.  

Yeah for sure. I think I've seen it posted recently about the terms is you sign over your likeness in perpetuity 

On 12/7/2022 at 11:05 AM, Jeff H1 said:

I'd love to see AI used by Maxon and others for things like optimizing render settings.   It can sometimes be tedious to go through render settings and find the optimal amount of samples for each light or surface in order to squeeze out the best quality  and minimize render times.   Having AI calculate the optimal settings for you based on the materials, lighting and environment would be nice.  I mean going above and beyond the autosampling or the basic mode of low/medium/high/very high.

You don’t need AI for that, engines like Vray, Corona and other have algorithms to adapt and automatically optimize the sampling without user inputs since years, and they are very effective. 

1 hour ago, Stefano Strika said:

You don’t need AI for that, engines like Vray, Corona and other have algorithms to adapt and automatically optimize the sampling without user inputs since years, and they are very effective. 

right but the one that Maxon owns?   Also, so far as I know, no render engine has an upscaler built in.

Edited by Jeff H1 (see edit history)