Scale Camera doesn't work.

Jaee
Go to solution Solved by bezo,

I tried both number 2 + right mouse button and scale camera icon in the view port. Nothing works. When the camera object is off, scale camera works in the viewport.

40 minutes ago, Mash said:

Im not quite following, what is scale camera? Cameras can be moved and rotated, what are you expecting to happen when you scale a camera? Are we talking dollying or optical focal length zoom?

Please see the video attached below.  I think it would help you to understand the issue.

If you see light yellow cross in viewport while trying to "scale"/zoom and you have selected camera, you´re in object mode navigation. Simply deselect camera object in object manager (but still have "selected"/activated in viewport as view camera) or change camera navigation mode

20 minutes ago, bezo said:

If you see light yellow cross in viewport while trying to "scale"/zoom and you have selected camera, you´re in object mode navigation. Simply deselect camera object in object manager (but still have "selected"/activated in viewport as view camera) or change camera navigation mode

Oh...I got it. Could you teach me how to change camera navigation mode?

Object mode is probably what you want 99% of the time. Unfortunately c4d's first person "camera" mode tends to get stuck when zooming so I've personally mostly written it off. You can fix it for a while by hovering your mouse over an object in front of you and pressing the insert key twice, but after a while it just gets stuck again.