Leaving or staying with C4D for what and why?

Fastbee

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, it seems so. The MASH plugin has been around for a while now and people have been doing mograph work with it already, but now it will be available to all Maya users without having to buy it as an extra plugin. I can already start imagining fun ways to combine it with rigging in Maya. One frustration I have with some of the C4D mograph deformers/effectors is that they don't have priority control and often won't work properly with the rigging tools.

Cheers,

Brian

I also find out that Houdini Engine(HE) for Maya is more stable to work, step over c4d's HE. Developers of HE4Maya response at side-fx forum.. from MAXON are not, that's pity

Maya has fabric canvas and splice from fabric engine.

C4d probably has, but as usual, private beta... but whoknows, as Paul Everett wrote, c4d developer can drop x-feature anytime...nobody will know

Just got this e-mail. I guess Maya 2018 will have a proper MoGraph competitor. Better MAXON to start organizing itself up!

(mash.mainframe.co.uk)

It could be a game changer, so will MAXON continue of "pretending nothing"?

Competition is a good, good thing. You can bet your The Foundry will follow suit ASAP, given all the requests put in for a MoGraph equivalent with them this summer. That's all the extra motivation they'll need.

Game on! Let's see if MAXON can adjust / bring it with R18 (even if they have to change their normal release schedule and push it back a few months to get stuff done).

Game on! Let's see if MAXON can adjust / bring it with R18 (even if they have to change their normal release schedule and push it back a few months to get stuff done).

That won't happened. They're pretty much locked into a 12 month / September delivery cycle. All hell would break loose as people's MSA's would have expired and they hadn't received the next version. What's coming in R18 is already nailed down. Maxon knows precisely what's coming. Nothing any competitor does between now and release date will alter what's coming.

My prediction is R18 will be a fairly major upgrade and much more so than R17.

That won't happened. They're pretty much locked into a 12 month / September delivery cycle. All hell would break loose as people's MSA's would have expired and they hadn't received the next version. What's coming in R18 is already nailed down. MAXON knows precisely what's coming. Nothing any competitor does between now and release date will alter what's coming.

I hear you and I hope you're right. The question is only in what direction they plan to evolve.

I hear you and I hope you're right. The question is only in what direction they plan to evolve.

Same direction as they're going now. R18 I'm predicting will have a number of things enhanced that people have felt Maxon had been ignoring.

R18 better be a landmark release because good will is going, going, gon...

It's great that Maya is getting MASH and combined with a much higher performing viewport it could be a very attractive combination for studios who already have Maya and want better performance. Will MAXON up the ante to compete? My confidence in MAXON as developers is very low and my gut instinct is telling me MAXON are only interested in the competing with the industry heavyweights on pricing. They are content to rake in the Euros while only having the ambition of being the paid alternative to Blender.

I'd love Kiwi to be right but I expect R18 will be yet another limp release bulked up by content browser presets but released to some grandiose marketing claims BS.

It's great that Maya is getting MASH and combined with a much higher performing viewport it could be a very attractive combination for studios who already have Maya and want better performance. Will MAXON up the ante to compete? 

Funny enough competition continues to speak directly to C4D users while MAXON still wonders how to communicate with them.

Archived