Leaving or staying with C4D for what and why?

Fastbee

Funny enough competition continues to speak directly to C4D users while MAXON still wonders how to communicate with them.

MAXON don't want to jaw jaw with the plebs they just want the MSA money.

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MAXON don't want to jaw jaw with the plebs they just want the MSA money.

Speaking of jaw jaw, I've been trying to tackle an issue that you brought up, as I can have a pretty decent influence on it....so I'm still awaiting a list of presenters you would like to see.

Speaking of jaw jaw, I've been trying to tackle an issue that you brought up, as I can have a pretty decent influence on it....so I'm still awaiting a list of presenters you would like to see.

You're not helping...

You're not helping...

What do you mean?

Patrick is soliciting user feedback in an area he has significant influence. What presenters or types of presentations would you guys like to see at NAB and Siggraph next year?

(should probably be in a separate thread though - we're turning these forums into chat rooms)

What do you mean?

Patrick is soliciting user feedback in an area he has significant influence. What presenters or types of presentations would you guys like to see at NAB and Siggraph next year?

(should probably be in a separate thread though - we're turning these forums into chat rooms)

Well, the post started with "Speaking of jaw, jaw..." which is a rather 'testy' way to respond. Given that it's now beyond dispute that MAXON don't know how to talk to its customer base, perhaps a little more care in the wording of your responses is required. You're not in a good place with many of your customers at the moment and your competition are out courting, too. You might want to try a little harder.

Well, the post started with "Speaking of jaw, jaw..." which is a rather 'testy' way to respond. Given that it's now beyond dispute that MAXON don't know how to talk to its customer base, perhaps a little more care in the wording of your responses is required. You're not in a good place with many of your customers at the moment and your competition are out courting, too. You might want to try a little harder.

I am prone to responding in kind at times.

Do you want to deal with a human or a blank corporate face?

I can switch it up as you please.

I'm trying awfully hard. I'm spending a lot of time here, on CGTalk and on the MDA slack trying to improve the communication. People seem to love that competitors are sending them targeted emails, but complain when we do the same thing. I realize MAXON has dug itself a hole with regards to communication and we have to win back goodwill, but Cutman's tone is disheartening. It feels like MAXON can never do enough to win back some people here, and perhaps that's true. But it's really difficult to read posts like this that ignore all the effort that's being put towards changing the situation.

I would like to see siggraph presentations from senior MAXON developers involved with the product development and direction. I'm not interested in marketing presentations I'd like to hear from the organ grinders not the monkeys and hear about their plans and directions for C4D just like Autodesk have done.

Does your "pretty decent" influence stretch to Germany? I guess we'll see at NAB next year...

I'm trying awfully hard. I'm spending a lot of time here, on CGTalk and on the MDA slack trying to improve the communication. People seem to love that competitors are sending them targeted emails, but complain when we do the same thing. I realize MAXON has dug itself a hole with regards to communication and we have to win back goodwill, but Cutman's tone is disheartening. It feels like MAXON can never do enough to win back some people here, and perhaps that's true. But it's really difficult to read posts like this that ignore all the effort that's being put towards changing the situation.

And your efforts are appreciated. But you're treading on eggshells at the moment and you have to realise that.

I would like to see siggraph presentations from senior MAXON developers involved with the product development and direction. I'm not interested in marketing presentations I'd like to hear from the organ grinders not the monkeys and hear about their plans and directions for C4D just like Autodesk have done.

Does your "pretty decent" influence stretch to Germany?

This is symptomatic. Where are the big guns?

Archived