SPETI and TINA

dast

3 minutes ago, dast said:

What does make you feel this is discontinued?

Isn't the download still available?

Granted I haven't updated it to work with the new nodes material, nor does it work with external renderers.

And maybe it gives all sort of errors with latest Cinema4D builds?

As I mentioned in an earlier post, feel free to provide feedback if it does or doesn't work on S22 and later.

One suggestion: don't !!!

It was a nightmare to implement.

Well It doesn't show up in Extensions for me in S24  or R23 even if I try with Insidiyum's Bridge

Discontinued - I should have said no longer actively developed

2 hours ago, bholebhole said:

Well It doesn't show up in Extensions for me in S24  or R23 even if I try with Insidiyum's Bridge

In those cases it is always a good idea to look in the console window (shortcut shift-F10) to see if the plugin reported an error.

As this is a Python plugin, the best place would be to look into the Python console of Cinema4D.

I suppose the error listed there will probably be related to the switch to Python 3.7 in R23 and above.

Providing the error message might help me update/convert the plugin to support the newer releases ... thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, dast said:

In those cases it is always a good idea to look in the console window (shortcut shift-F10) to see if the plugin reported an error.

As this is a Python plugin, the best place would be to look into the Python console of Cinema4D.

I suppose the error listed there will probably be related to the switch to Python 3.7 in R23 and above.

Providing the error message might help me update/convert the plugin to support the newer releases ... thanks in advance.

So it doesn't even show up in the console. I've tried both The Program Files folder as well as the preferences Folder. With Insidiyum Bridge and Without it. Even did Extensions -> Reload Python Plugins, but it just doesn't show up.

CORRECTION

After multiple installs and retries It finally showed up in the console. I definitely think it's a python 3 related error.

File "C:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\Roaming\Maxon\Maxon Cinema 4D R24_C2A528F6\plugins\TINA\TINA.pypv", line 842
print 'Failed writing preset file "{}", error # {}'.format(self.name, hf.GetError())
^
SyntaxError:invalid syntax
'Script Name Extractor':62: SyntaxWarning: "is" with a literal. Did you mean "=="?
'Script Name Extractor':167: SyntaxWarning: "is" with a literal. Did you mean "=="?
'Script Name Extractor':20: SyntaxWarning: "is not" with a literal. Did you mean "!="?
'Script Name Extractor':171: SyntaxWarning: "is" with a literal. Did you mean "=="?
'Script Name Extractor':151: SyntaxWarning: "is not" with a literal. Did you mean "!="?
'Script Name Extractor':3: DeprecationWarning: invalid escape sequence \_
>>> 

Have also given that folder Full Write Access

5 hours ago, bholebhole said:

After multiple installs and retries It finally showed up in the console. I definitely think it's a python 3 related error

Thanks for the console dump.

It was definitely a Python 3 issue.

I have modified the plugin, and uploaded the updated 1.2 version to the download section :

https://www.core4d.com/ipb/files/file/43-tina-texture-importer-n-assigner/

Should work with R17 up to R23. And hopefully runs on S24, which I have no access to for testing.

The folder should indeed have full write access, since the plugin will create a preference file to remember the last used path.

As well as the need for writing presets and image mappings, which you can set up in the Config tab of the plugin

55 minutes ago, dast said:

Thanks for the console dump.

It was definitely a Python 3 issue.

I have modified the plugin, and uploaded the updated 1.2 version to the download section :

https://www.core4d.com/ipb/files/file/43-tina-texture-importer-n-assigner/

Should work with R17 up to R23. And hopefully runs on S24, which I have no access to for testing.

The folder should indeed have full write access, since the plugin will create a preference file to remember the last used path.

As well as the need for writing presets and image mappings, which you can set up in the Config tab of the plugin

Sorry. Doesn't load. Different error this time

C:\Users\XXXXXX\AppData\Roaming\Maxon\Maxon Cinema 4D R24_C2A528F6\plugins\TINA\TINA.pypv:3001: DeprecationWarning: invalid escape sequence \/
C:\Users\XXXXXXX\AppData\Roaming\Maxon\Maxon Cinema 4D R24_C2A528F6\plugins\TINA\TINAR23.pypv:3004: DeprecationWarning: invalid escape sequence \/
TINA v1.2 - failed loading

Well Well. Just Updated to the latest release of S24 and it finally shows up in extensions, however the Console Log is even bigger now.

TINA v1.2 - ready
'Script Name Extractor':62: SyntaxWarning: "is" with a literal. Did you mean "=="?
'Script Name Extractor':167: SyntaxWarning: "is" with a literal. Did you mean "=="?
'Script Name Extractor':20: SyntaxWarning: "is not" with a literal. Did you mean "!="?
'Script Name Extractor':171: SyntaxWarning: "is" with a literal. Did you mean "=="?
'Script Name Extractor':151: SyntaxWarning: "is not" with a literal. Did you mean "!="?
'Script Name Extractor':3: DeprecationWarning: invalid escape sequence \_
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\XXXXXX\AppData\Roaming\Maxon\Maxon Cinema 4D R24_C2A528F6\plugins\TINA\TINAR23.pypv", line 2136, in CreateLayout
TypeError:Required argument 'initw' (pos 1) not found
  File "C:\Users\XXXXXX\AppData\Roaming\Maxon\Maxon Cinema 4D R24_C2A528F6\plugins\TINA\TINAR23.pypv", line 2503, in InitValues
  File "C:\Users\XXXXXX\AppData\Roaming\Maxon\Maxon Cinema 4D R24_C2A528F6\plugins\TINA\TINAR23.pypv", line 2923, in SelectPreset
AttributeError:'NoneType' object has no attribute 'clear'
  File "C:\Users\XXXXXX\AppData\Roaming\Maxon\Maxon Cinema 4D R24_C2A528F6\plugins\TINA\TINAR23.pypv", line 3240, in Command
  File "C:\Users\XXXXXX\AppData\Roaming\Maxon\Maxon Cinema 4D R24_C2A528F6\plugins\TINA\TINAR23.pypv", line 2561, in SetImageExtension
  File "C:\Users\XXXXXX\AppData\Roaming\Maxon\Maxon Cinema 4D R24_C2A528F6\plugins\TINA\TINAR23.pypv", line 2716, in PopulateTreeView
AttributeError:'MainDialog' object has no attribute 'tvgadget'
>>> 

This is what the TINA window looks like. Seems to be missing a lot of stuff.

623746697_TINA1.2.thumb.jpg.c26010b12e40abeb71b9ba7ecebe8981.jpg

3 hours ago, bholebhole said:

Well Well. Just Updated to the latest release of S24 and it finally shows up in extensions, however the Console Log is even bigger now.

Something is definitely not right ... I am looking into the code, and notice that the line "TypeError:Required argument 'initw' (pos 1) not found" is probably related to a problem with MAXON's Python SDK documentation. I have informed SDK support, and awaiting their feedback.

I am looking at resolving the other issues, but without a S24 at hand to test it's like shooting a moving target blindfolded.

One thing you can already try is to :

- close Cinema4D,

- remove TINA.pypv file

- restart Cinema4D

That should get rid of all the "'Script Name Extractor ..." issues.

Will report back for the other issues ...

EDIT:

About the "initw", it has been confirmed by MAXON SDK support that this is a change introduced in S24.

I have sent you an updated version of the plugin via private message.

Thanks to @bholebholefor spending the time testing out several iterations. We seem to finally have reached a point where all is working as expected.

Most issues were related to internal changes in S24, but I managed to fix some bugs I encountered along testing out the latest update.

Version 1.22 is uploaded and available in the download section of the forum.

For anyone having downloaded and installed a previous version, please make sure to remove any pypv files in your TINA folder before extracting the updated version.

And if someone is willing to write some documentation for this, the effort will be appreciated!