Seamilar ... the sequel

dast

As usual (for those familiar with my other plugins) I will provide versions of the plugin as development progresses.

Notice that due to technical reasons the plugin does need to store data into your objects. This means that once you save the scene the additional data is present in your objects on disk. As long as you don't save the scene only the objects in memory are altered.

Be sure to have a copy of your original objects before using this plugin !!!

During my testing I have noticed that sometimes Cinema4D can not unwrap/relax the UVs as it can not obtain a handle to the UVs. This seems to be a limitation of the SDK and something I am still trying to resolve. As a workaround you then should open a Bodypaint TextureView window and drag-drop the UVW tag from the object manager into the TextureView window.

For now this "work in progress" is R18 and windows-only.

<obsolete file removed>

Enjoy!

4 hours ago, C4DS said:

Notice that due to technical reasons the plugin does need to store data into your objects. This means that once you save the scene the additional data is present in your objects on disk. As long as you don't save the scene only the objects in memory are altered.

can't you store the data on a tag , maybe a python tag and store the data on some user data and hide them ?

On 12/16/2016 at 6:01 PM, maliohammad said:

can't you store the data on a tag , maybe a python tag and store the data on some user data and hide them ?

At first I though "Why would I do that?". I mean, storing the data into a (hidden or visible tag) is just more work than storing it into the object. And in the end, when the object is saved to disk, the tag is saved along, so what's the difference?

However, if I store it into a new tag and make it visible, the user could remove it ... getting rid of the data if s/he wants to. So, maybe not a bad idea after all.

56 minutes ago, C4DS said:

However, if I store it into a new tag and make it visible, the user could remove it ... getting rid of the data if s/he wants to. So, maybe not a bad idea after all.

yes , this is what I meant , and you can make the user datas of the tag hidden , so the user can't modify it but only can delete it or disable it 

BTW , good job the plugin is really impressive !

50 minutes ago, geosautus said:

Btw: I can't get get WIP version to load in R18. It doesn't show up. Do I need a special c++ redistributable to make it work?

There are 2 locations where plugins can be installed, I tried both and they work OK for me. There are no redistributables required, all is available with R18 SDK.
Have you restarted Cinema 4D after copying the plugin to its destination folder? Can you open the console (Shift-F10) and see if anything erroneous is logged?

"It doesn't show up" By that I assume you mean that Seamilar is not listed in the plugin menu? Or is it listed, but greyed out?

26 minutes ago, C4DS said:

There are 2 locations where plugins can be installed, I tried both and they work OK for me. There are no redistributables required, all is available with R18 SDK.
Have you restarted Cinema 4D after copying the plugin to its destination folder? Can you open the console (Shift-F10) and see if anything erroneous is logged?

"It doesn't show up" By that I assume you mean that Seamilar is not listed in the plugin menu? Or is it listed, but greyed out?

Hi!

It isn't listed in the plugin menu. The console is empty, but I tried launching the commandline version av C4D and I get an error loading the seamilar.cdl64 because of a missing win_dll.cpp(298)

Same here, today I was tried to install, but plugin not appear in plugin menu or finded by commander. Tried installation in both plugins folders (core and prefs), launching with admin rights and normally, don´t work. Console without any info about seamilar. Win7 and last update R18.028 

Some people seem unable to get the plugin loaded, I don't know what the issue is. I have looked for the missing win_dll.cpp and cannot find this file on my system either, still the plugin loads OK for me (Win8.1 and R18.028). In the meantime I have build WIP 2 using the R17.053 SDK.

I have tested on R17.053 and R18.028, on both versions the plugin is loading and working. The only difference I noticed so far was that the "terminator" dots of the seams are dots in R18, while these are squares in R17. Minor cosmetic difference.

R17+ (Windows only)

<obsolete file removed>

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community