Seamilar ... the sequel

dast

3 hours ago, jwiede said:

Is the Mac version at full parity with the Windows version?

All source code is simply copied from Windows Visual Studio project to MacOS XCode project. So both versions share the identical code base.

Guest willtaylor

With this plugin, is it possible to manipulate the vertices individually? I noticed you were able to select edges, but I want to know if you can do the same with the points. I say that because sometimes you're going to get one small area that needs a custom adjustment like around fingers and it would be very helpful if you can just grab a point and move it rather than re-unwrap the entire UV Island and hope for a better result.

3 hours ago, willtaylor said:

With this plugin, is it possible to manipulate the vertices individually? I noticed you were able to select edges, but I want to know if you can do the same with the points. I say that because sometimes you're going to get one small area that needs a custom adjustment like around fingers and it would be very helpful if you can just grab a point and move it rather than re-unwrap the entire UV Island and hope for a better result.

The current released version does not allow any editing of the UVs (nor points, nor edges, nor islands).
The update I am currently working on allows editing of the UV islands (move, rotate, scale) ... and I wanted to include editing of UV polygons and UV points.

So this is a No for now, but a Yes for next update.

32 minutes ago, Icecaveman said:

Congrats again Daniel on your fine work making our lives better.

Thanks.

32 minutes ago, Icecaveman said:

If there is one suggestion I'd have is...please include audio in your videos. ::):

I have deliberately avoided adding any audio to my videos. No background music, as I find that just simply disturbing, and annoying.

As for commentary during the video. I have thought about that, but simply am not comfortable doings so. I am lousy at explaining things.
I did intend making a narrative video tutorial to be provided with the released plugin. You all should be glad it ended up being a written manual instead.

3 hours ago, C4DS said:

As for commentary during the video. I have thought about that, but simply am not comfortable doings so. I am lousy at explaining things.
I did intend making a narrative video tutorial to be provided with the released plugin. You all should be glad it ended up being a written manual instead.

My hunch is that you are being overly critical of your abilities in this regard. You think things through very logically and intuitively as evidenced in your product. I bet you can do the same with commentary.

3 hours ago, C4DS said:

You could always record the commentary while you are watching your silent video back, and composite it on ? That can even work better than live commentary because you can entirely concentrate on one thing at a time, so sentences tend to come out less fragmented and meandering, and clearer for it...

CBR

8 hours ago, Cerbera said:

You could always record the commentary while you are watching your silent video back, and composite it on ?

That's how I would do it in the end. Tried both live and dubbing, both none came out satisfactory.

Just as everything it comes down to practice, practice, practice. I am sure that it will eventually turn out to be OK. But for now, I'd rather "practice" writing code than commenting my videos.

Still, your comments and feedback are appreciated. I gather that providing tutorial videos with commentary is a next step in my customer service.

New update is being finalized.
Still some code clean up to do, and then some massive testing before this update is being sent out to customers.

I know I was asked to provide audio for my next video demonstrations. Unfortunately, once more a silent WIP video demonstration.

I don't think the video needs detailed explanation of what is going on: the formerly static UV view window is being mutated into an editor. Not much more I can add to that (*).

(*) explanatory wise I mean. There's quite some things that can be added to the editor's functionality ;)